Hopefully I'll Get The Next Stimulus by Direct Deposit

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
I e-filed my state and federal taxes on March 1st. This time I used my bank rather than credit union account to pay the feds (more than twice what I owed last year!). Even though I filed for 2019 in plenty of time, my stimulus payments were mailed. I don’t know if that had anything to do with me formerly using my credit union account to pay.

The other day I got five pieces of mail for someone in another building in our complex. I put the mail in a rubber band with directions to the building and left a note for the carrier to deliver to the proper address. I suspect the carrier was new or filling in this route. A few months ago I got mail for someone who lives in a completely different neighborhood. The street names weren’t even similar. Because of so many mail screw ups, I prefer direct deposit but thankfully I did get both my stimulus checks without issues.

Supposedly those of us who filed and paid our taxes had bank information that was to be used for direct deposits. Did you get your stimulus checks by direct deposit or mail? If by mail, should you have gotten them by direct deposits instead?

Last edited:
I e-filed my state and federal taxes on March 1st. This time I used my bank rather than credit union account to pay the feds (more than twice what I owed last year!). Even though I filed for 2019 in plenty of time, my stimulus payments were mailed. I don’t know if that had anything to do with me formerly using my credit union account to pay.

The other day I got five pieces of mail for someone in another building in our complex. I put the mail in a rubber band with directions to the building and left a note for the carrier to deliver to the proper address. I suspect the carrier was new or filling in this route. A few months ago I got mail for someone who lives in a completely different neighborhood. The street names weren’t even similar. Because of so many mail screw ups, I prefer direct deposit but thankfully I did get both my stimulus checks without issues.

Supposedly those of us who filed and paid our taxes had bank information that was to be used for direct deposits. Did you get your stimulus checks by direct deposit or mail. If by mail, should you have gotten them by direct deposit instead?
We got ours by direct deposit to our credit union banking account.

I got the first $1200 stimulus money last year direct deposited in my credit union. I never got the $600 second stimulus, so used the deduction option on my tax return last month. I got the new $1400 third stimulus direct deposited in my credit union TODAY !

I just checked on the IRS website and they don't have any information on my stimulus payment.

Maybe the printing press broke down or they ran out of red ink.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-23.gif

I just checked on the IRS website and they don't have any information on my stimulus payment.

Maybe the printing press broke down or they ran out of red ink.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-23.gif
They don't have information on mine either Aunt Bea. I've been checking since Monday when they said the Get My Payment tool would be up and running for this stimulus payment. :confused:
b
@PamfromTx That's great! I got a surprise today too. I loaned some money about a year ago to a family member. She paid some back a couple of months ago with the understanding that she'd start paying the rest when she finished paying the car dealer. I didn't know when that would be but wasn't sweating it because she's always been good about paying me back. She paid back $400 of it today.

external-content.duckduckgo.gif

Last edited:
I checked the Get My Payment again on Tuesday, the 23rd and was happy to see that my payment would be direct deposited on March 24th. By 12 midnight on the 24th, it was there. But here's the odd part. the 2019 tax return had my credit union information and the last two stimuluses were mailed. My 2020 taxes had my bank account information but they direct deposited this stimulus into my credit union account. My SS was deposited on the same date. I felt so rich. 🤑🤑

Last edited:
I received both previous payments by direct deposit, but this time - nothing! I thought it was supposed to be DD'd on Mar. 17? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and desperately need this money. :cry:

I just called to check my balance & the recording said, "A deposit of $1,400.00 from IRS was credited."
First time I ever got it that way. The 2 previous checks were: a paper check mailed to me & the 2nd was a credit card.

We got our earlier checks by mail, but this one came Direct Deposit....I'm still trying to figure out how the IRS got our bank account number, as I always get our tax refunds via the mail. I guess this is another example of "Big Brother" knowing everything about us.

Back