Hot rods and detailing

I was discussing detailing with a sales agent years ago. They charged several hundred extra just for painting a thin line down each side of the car. I asked him if that made the car go faster. He laughed, but he probably didn't think it was very funny. To me that is an expensive and unnecessary addition to the cost

DDJcISBBQrrNB8vXvJt4uHMkPm6GWEZj8B3hh6ZAr9SrH1fcmsxUb01Qi2WcSCzuvgvl4zWta1KUWXtfA8JZDf3UaeOYJgh6Mn9vRuiSd2LG-ZPthBvo5BuGyS7CVoI590mi

I was discussing detailing with a sales agent years ago. They charged several hundred extra just for painting a thin line down each side of the car. I asked him if that made the car go faster. He laughed, but he probably didn't think it was very funny. To me that is an expensive and unnecessary addition to the cost
Personal additions like flames or pin striping are about what makes an individual happy.

Kind of like a woman wearing Victoria Secret Sexy Lingerie or granny gowns. Those viewing can appreciate it or consider the expense to much.

If one has to ask then no reply will suffice. Google Ed Big Daddy Roth there you may learn why.
I have been to about a zillion or maybe just a half zillion car shows and have seen many cars with flames on them. I have also spoken with Ed Roth back in the late 70’s or early 80’s. Ed was an innovator with artwork on cars back in the ‘50’s. My favorite of Ed’s work is the famous “Rat Rod.” I see one of those at every large car show, sometimes even two will be present.

Today, many restorers continue to use flames to make their car look more authentic for that era when flames were in.

Ed was an innovator with artwork on cars back in the ‘50’s. My favorite of Ed’s work is the famous “Rat Rod.” Today, many restorers continue to use flames to make their car look more authentic for that era when flames were in.

Oh yeah Big Daddy Ed Roth. :D I loved not only his rat fink, but I really liked his rat fink single eye tribute to Von Dutch, (y) famous for his pin stripe's. More than that though, I loved when Roth would build show cars especially the Beatnic Bandit. Sure wish more people would get involved in that artistic trade. :)

rat fink.jpgfink.jpgBeatnic Bandit.jpg

Flames, pin striping, scalloping & muscle cars. All part of an era of cars that were part of my teen years.

Looking at all that were posted makes me feel sorry for teens now that don't have the car body shapes to make them special. I remember the throaty roar of Chevy 427 thru glass packs. Now it's a boxy little foreign car with an air foil on the trunk lid & the bumblebee whine of a 4 cylinder. I really feel lucky for some of my life experiences.

Back