How Do You Think About Wine?

Lon

I think of wine as a food and not a alcoholic beverage like Scotch/Bourbon etc., and that's probably because I always have wine with my evening meal and quite often with lunch as well.

Not much of a wine drinker. I think the only time I've had wine with a meal is at a restaurant, and I also sip water in between the wine. I never considered wine to be a food.

(I can't stand beer....ugh...but some alcoholic drinks are okay.)

Let's see it's white with fish, red with meat, and Mad Dog goes with everything...hic
images

I consider wine a beverage and love red wine especially, also love nice crisp white wine. Most of it agrees with me and it doesn't take much for me to feel the relaxing effects, usually with a nice meal.

I've noticed some people I know can't drink wine, or any kind of alcohol whatsoever, maybe due to their genetic makeup. It doesn't really matter one way or another, because its just one of the many pleasures in life we have to choose from.

An antioxidant which supposedly, not scientifically proved by testing, helps the body remove miscreant-cells here and there when they form, is found in liberal amount in red wine, because dark-colored fruit, usually grapes as they are the least expensive fruit to procure, contains it in abundance.

It is called Resveratrol. Not reservatrol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol#Mechanisms_of_action

As it states in the wiki, dark -colored fruits are best. I often wonder about vegetables, like red cabbage and beets. Cabbage adds some fiber, too, beets less. imp

I actually read that red wine is off the "allowed list" while undergoing radiation as it is so rich in antioxidants. I asked my radiation consultant though and she said no,that I can drink it. But I can`t take any supplements that are antioxidant.

Wine only tastes like vinegar if you get the cheap stuff.

I like rose' best, but also red and some white. Red can give me heartburn though so it's best to stick with rose'. I don't like wine that is too sweet or too dry. But just right. :D

I actually read that red wine is off the "allowed list" while undergoing radiation as it is so rich in antioxidants. I asked my radiation consultant though and she said no,that I can drink it. But I can`t take any supplements that are antioxidant.

That is most interesting! An interaction between effects of radiation and antioxidants within the body.......could be important to know! Thank you. imp

A cold Sangria on a hot day...preferably with a Spanish dinner...perfect

Ahhh, Sangria! Have had several brands over the years, all American-made, but never encountered anything chopped-up in them, as I just learned true Sangrias have. Sounds delicious! imp

"Sangria is a typical beverage from Spain and Portugal. It normally consists of red wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener, and a small amount of added brandy. Chopped fruit can include orange, lemon, lime, apple, peach, melon, berries, pineapple, grape, kiwifruit and mango." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangria

When I was in my twenties I got into the wine thing for a year or two. Then I liked white wine, not too sweet. Now I just look at the calories and say no thanks. Not worth it.

I consider wine to be Art. It is beautiful and pleasing. I prefer a heavier bolder wine such as an Amarone or Borolo, but do enjoy trying all kinds. I drink it with a very healthy respect, leaning towards the appreciation side versus the drink to get tipsy side.
I have also been known to enjoy some nice blends, one of my faves being a Merlot/Cabernet Franc. Delightful.

There are some outstanding wines from Australia, and also Chile these days, California too of course.The days when only French wines were considered the best are over, and there is less snobbery now about the provenance of a wine.I like red with a meal, but actually prefer to drink any white on it's own, as the flavour is better.

Back