How do you wear your Hair?

Nothing fancy with me.....short hair for me, for a lot of years.
Have had long hair many times, half way down my back, very wavy when long, traded in long hair for shorter hair......the older i got, the shorter it gets......maintain a short wedge style......now, grey,white, the odd touch of light brown still left.
Routine is shower, wash hair, brush in place, takes a minute to brush style, gel if i'm going somewhere. Style for more than a minute...too long. LOL.
In teen years, bleached blonde......decided to go back to my own color when tired of blonde, colored over bleach.......had GREEN hair for a while. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Colored a couple of times to cover grey.....gave that up.....i am lucky, i do have very nice thick hair.

Blow drying isn’t allowed here, and you have to wash your own hair before they will cut it,
And no colour and tints until August..............she will cut my husbands hair, at home but no beards trimmed.until August......
My nephew's wife has longer blonde hair. Whatever she had done, took 5 hrs! They sent her home with wet hair. I was surprised that both my sisters hairdressers blow-dried theirs.

I think a more cautious approach is wiser.

Yes I agree Keesha.....I’m waiting for my grey hair to appear lol Will save me money !
I’d been colouring my own hair with henna that I didn’t realize how silver I was going until my roots started really clashing with my cherry cola red hair. When it got to be too much work and the colour didn’t really suite me any more I boldly grew it out but it wasn’t easy. I got plenty of those “ Oh you poor woman” looks. 😂

I’ve got friends who have blonde hair and blending those with their natural colour just looks great.

My greyest hair is the top layer. Some people have it the opposite. Chunky streaks are super fun especially if you are bold enough to experiment with fun colours like pink, purple, turquoise or blue. Just one bold streak is so much fun especially when it easily washes out.
E5340ED5-CF8C-4A4B-90D7-26CABE12E4DF.jpeg

Last edited:
@ Keesha If i would have thought first, and remember your picture a few posts ago, i wouldn't be embarrassed now.
Beautiful hair.....and i'm sure beautiful features to go with the hair.

Since my hair is very fine (like the silk on a corn cob), I have been wearing it very short since it turned white. It is much easier to handle and looks neat instead of it blowing all over the place or hanging in my face. During this lock down I had bought the thinning shears and barber scissors which I have used on my own. Not too bad a job for having done it in the blind. Wash and wear hair. Love that part of it most of all.

I'm waiting for my hair to grow back, after cancer treatments, so i have an option as to how i can wear my hair. lol Unlike some of you lucky gals, my hair grows really, really sloooow. :oops: P.S. Hence the "cap with hair" i'm wearing in my pic. Thank goodness for THAT option! (y)
This is a topic I know well, although I never lost the hair on my head, although strangely I did on legs & armpits. That was a convenience, actually. ((JudyB)) from one survivor to another with :love:

Blunt cut or just brushing the shoulders is how I wear it. It's longer than that now, but being thick hair, it's warm at this time of year. I'm just waiting to feel more comfortable about visiting the hairdresser.

Blunt cut or just brushing the shoulders is how I wear it. It's longer than that now, but being thick hair, it's warm at this time of year. I'm just waiting to feel more comfortable about visiting the hairdresser.
My hairs fairly thick too and IS very warm in this weather but I only wear my hair down once a week and that’s after I wash it. All other times it’s tied back or tied up so it’s off my shoulders, face and neck and can’t get caught on anything. If you lived closer I’d get you some pretty hair toys to keep it up off your face , neck and shoulders. Those claw clips they sell @ the dollar stores work great though. I use them when bathing or showering to keep my hair up and they hold very well.

It’s understandable that you’d want to wait to feel more comfortable about hairdressers. I felt the similar about getting my dogs groomed. Lol. It’s a whole new world we are living in. It feels weird but it’s our new reality.

This is a topic I know well, although I never lost the hair on my head, although strangely I did on legs & armpits. That was a convenience, actually. ((JudyB)) from one survivor to another with :love:
Hi Pepper! Well i'm sorry it's something you know at all, but glad you're hangin' in there! Yes i am happy to be able to say...from one survivor to another with :love: (y)

Back