How does this Pandemic make you feel?

Starting to feel lethargic. Getting out for a drive or walk, helps. Seeing so few others out and about, doesn't help. It's too quiet everywhere.
I get out just a bit.. drive to the store.. I am in and out and back home. Glad a drive or walk helps you.

I experience many emotions when I think about what is happening:
A great sadness for the pain this virus is inflicting upon humanity.
Anxiety about the unknown future.
Grateful for the personal and financial security that my wife and I have
Grateful that none of my extended family members have been affected.
Trapped, with Cabin fever, big time cabin fever.
This all feels like a bad hallucination that should any moment now. But it won't!
Same here as being grateful. What helps me not feel anxiety is part of the Serenity prayer.. Accept the things I cannot change and change the things I can.

Anxiety about the unknown future.
Yeah, guess I'm a bit seasoned to that from living at our mountain cabin for five years.
Weather was the instigator for a bit of anxiety.
One gets used to it, some

….some

Today was the first day I've woken up with a cloud of dark doom hanging over me. I'm feeling better, the antibiotics and inhalers and cough pills and nosedrops and prednisone seem to finally be chasing the bronchitis and pneumonia away so I feel physically better, but emotionally, I'm wearing thin.

I'm basically a pretty positive person, but I just don't see an end in sight with this. I'm a social person and deeply miss getting out and talking to strangers. I miss the grandbabies, really, really badly. I feel great sorrow for all the people who are missing out on the stuff they had planned for so long...….weddings, vacations, graduations, birthdays. I'm sorry for all the elderly people in hospitals and nursing homes who are there without the company of their loved ones...….how terrifying that must be for those who are confused already.

I guess I'm just really depressed today but I'm going to go kick myself in the seat of my pants and remind myself that I have much, much, much to be grateful for: none of my loved ones are afflicted yet, I'm getting well, I have a roof over my head and an income that doesn't depend on my being at work. I'm going to keep telling myself I have nothing to be depressed about and that I should be ashamed for whining. I am...…...

Today was the first day I've woken up with a cloud of dark doom hanging over me. I'm feeling better, the antibiotics and inhalers and cough pills and nosedrops and prednisone seem to finally be chasing the bronchitis and pneumonia away so I feel physically better, but emotionally, I'm wearing thin.

I'm basically a pretty positive person, but I just don't see an end in sight with this. I'm a social person and deeply miss getting out and talking to strangers. I miss the grandbabies, really, really badly. I feel great sorrow for all the people who are missing out on the stuff they had planned for so long...….weddings, vacations, graduations, birthdays. I'm sorry for all the elderly people in hospitals and nursing homes who are there without the company of their loved ones...….how terrifying that must be for those who are confused already.

I guess I'm just really depressed today but I'm going to go kick myself in the seat of my pants and remind myself that I have much, much, much to be grateful for: none of my loved ones are afflicted yet, I'm getting well, I have a roof over my head and an income that doesn't depend on my being at work. I'm going to keep telling myself I have nothing to be depressed about and that I should be ashamed for whining. I am...…...
Jujube, I feel the same. My kids are ok, I have what I need. It's the broad view that's pressing down and you described it perfectly. You're a compassionate lady and these times bring everyone an amount of sadness.

No need to kick yourself! Just get well!

Yeah, guess I'm a bit seasoned to that from living at our mountain cabin for five years.
Weather was the instigator for a bit of anxiety.
One gets used to it, some

….some
I agree on the weather causing some concern up this way too. We are getting some snow /rain tonight. I could do without it. Any plans to change the cabin when you return Gary O?

Any plans to change the cabin when you return Gary O?
Always thoughts
Some big
Some small

Typical 'cabins' are small
Winter makes 'em smaller

Our main cabin is a two room affair
240 sf

It aligns with the A frame a dozen feet away
Considering tying the two together via a little hall
Then adding deck 'tween the two, with French doors to and thru the 'hall'

These kinds of things keep my mind busy, but always in the back of my mind is weather...and winter
(even got drenched one summer night when we first moved to the unfinished, no roof, cabin)

Well this might be an unpopular take but .....
I’ve always practiced social distancing so am actually relieved that others are also.😬
Of course the reason is much more serious than mine but I can’t help feeling the way I do.🥺

Always thoughts
Some big
Some small

Winter makes 'em smaller

240 sf

These kinds of things keep my mind busy, but always in the back of my mind is weather...and winter
(even got drenched one summer night when we first moved to the unfinished, no roof, cabin)
Sounds interesting, I am thinking of closing in the deck a bit, a little extra room. 800 square feet in winter tends to get a lot smaller in winter.
I do better keeping both the mind and body active, when is your moving day?

Well this might be an unpopular take but .....
I’ve always practiced social distancing so am actually relieved that others are also.😬
Of course the reason is much more serious than mine but I can’t help feeling the way I do.🥺
Why worry about it?? You are who you are....enjoy what you want to enjoy. Feel free to quote....lol

I’m sorry Jujube. I didn’t realize you were so sick either. Do you have the virus too? No need feeling shame for whining. You are a social person so this must be extra hard on you and most others.

I don't worry too much about the virus. Just being careful when I go to get supplies now about every couple of weeks. If it gets close will have enough here for months... lol my normal supply.
I wish you luck in your move. Take care

Awww.... you’re taking walks at night by yourself :(
I’m glad you don’t have the virus but hope your mood lifts. Being emotionally depressed can be really tough. Your significant other is caring for you. 🥰 That’s good.

Jujube, I feel the same. My kids are ok, I have what I need. It's the broad view that's pressing down and you described it perfectly. You're a compassionate lady and these times bring everyone an amount of sadness.

No need to kick yourself! Just get well!

I feel pretty much the same. I live alone and that's fine with me, but I sure miss being able to go here or there when I would like to. It's not like I go anywhere spectacular, but sometimes I just like to pop out and see what's new at a store or something like that, or go walk around somewhere.

There's a big difference in staying home because you want to, and staying home because you have to. I'm running out of anything to read and normally I would go over to a used bookstore in my area and take my already read books back and trade them in for more, chat with the lady who runs it, and pet her German shepherd (he's the store greeter), and generally just linger in there. I can't do that now because the store is closed per our lockdown and even if it wasn't I probably wouldn't go anyway because it's a pretty small place and if there are more than a few people in there it's hard to keep much of a distance. Of course, our public libraries are closed, too.

No fun going to the grocery or farmers' market anymore, either.

I've felt very lazy today and haven't done much of anything. Doesn't help that this has been pretty much a grey, blustery and chilly day.

We all have to find a way to cope, though, because I fear there's no end in sight to all this.

Always thoughts
Some big
Some small

Winter makes 'em smaller

240 sf

received_10211192293913235.jpeg
This is my cabin. Its a 12x36 ft storage shed with loft and porch that I am slowly turning into my home. A work in process. Completed enough that I moved in Dec 23rd. Still need some more to finish. This pic is before work began.

View attachment 97469
This is my cabin. Its a 12x36 ft storage shed with loft and porch that I am slowly turning into my home. A work in process. Completed enough that I moved in Dec 23rd. Still need some more to finish. This pic is before work began.
Personally I LOVE small compact homes or tiny homes where people build or move where their hearts lead them. Homes are chosen more for their location than their building structure or square footage.

That’s great. You have a roof over your head , space ( land ) and freedom. ( privacy )
Did you do all the work yourself?

I sure miss being able to go here or there when I would like to. It's not like I go anywhere spectacular, but sometimes I just like to pop out and see what's new at a store or something like that, or go walk around somewhere.

There's a big difference in staying home because you want to, and staying home because you have to.
I agree with your words, Butterfly.

All in all, I'm doing ok. Despite growing up in a large family, I've always been good at entertaining myself. My tablet has several ebooks loaded from our public library, with more in my queue. I'll set up another jigsaw puzzle on the dining room table. Now that it's warmed up, I'll clear some clutter from the garage and organize that pantry.

There's plenty here to keep me busy and out of trouble. Hubby is a putterer. He planted tomatoes yesterday, has been working on the pool filter system, and dealing with other little chores around the house.

Today will be my first real outing in nearly two weeks (need fresh produce). Yay!

Either this afternoon or tomorrow our daughter will come over with her family. They'll bring their camping chairs and the kids' bikes. We'll break out our camping chairs and sit out on my front lawn. We can enjoy the sunshine, visit from at least 6' apart, and swap out the groceries she bought for me yesterday and I'll pick up for her today. (We shop at different stores.)

The grands are going stir crazy and need a change of scenery beyond their own neighborhood. If this works out well - and there's no reason it shouldn't - we'll probably gather this way once a week for the duration.

I'm feeling like a puppy... so excited to go bye-bye in the car and have visitors that I'm mentally running around in circles. May possibly wet myself.

I agree with your words, Butterfly.

All in all, I'm doing ok. Despite growing up in a large family, I've always been good at entertaining myself. My tablet has several ebooks loaded from our public library, with more in my queue. I'll set up another jigsaw puzzle on the dining room table. Now that it's warmed up, I'll clear some clutter from the garage and organize that pantry.

There's plenty here to keep me busy and out of trouble. Hubby is a putterer. He planted tomatoes yesterday, has been working on the pool filter system, and dealing with other little chores around the house.

Today will be my first real outing in nearly two weeks (need fresh produce). Yay!

Either this afternoon or tomorrow our daughter will come over with her family. They'll bring their camping chairs and the kids' bikes. We'll break out our camping chairs and sit out on my front lawn. We can enjoy the sunshine, visit from at least 6' apart, and swap out the groceries she bought for me yesterday and I'll pick up for her today. (We shop at different stores.)

The grands are going stir crazy and need a change of scenery beyond their own neighborhood. If this works out well - and there's no reason it shouldn't - we'll probably gather this way once a week for the duration.

I'm feeling like a puppy... so excited to go bye-bye in the car and have visitors that I'm mentally running around in circles. May possibly wet myself.
Have a wonderful time, SS! But staying 6 feet away will be hard I'm guessing. I really hope you can keep away from each other. Don't forget to not touch your faces.

Have a wonderful time, SS! But staying 6 feet away will be hard I'm guessing. I really hope you can keep away from each other. Don't forget to not touch your faces.
We're pretty good about maintaining distances. Our daughter will talk to the kids about it before they finalize the plan to come over.

Both daughter and son-in-law are teachers so they have those high volume teacher voices, and their kids have picked up the habit. There'll be no problem hearing them from six feet away! :D

Back