How Many Months of Snow Will You Have?

Jules

SF VIP
For me, the weather is changing. It’s warm coat and glove weather in the mornings now. The snow will begin in early November and be dominant until mid March. After that it’s random snow storms and the mountain passes will be unknown until early May. The mountain passes did have snow today.

For me, the weather is changing. It’s warm coat and glove weather in the mornings now. The snow will begin in early November and be dominant until mid March. After that it’s random snow storms and the mountain passes will be unknown until early May. The mountain passes did have snow today.

I guess you're the 1st person n the group from north of the Arctic circle.

Down here, in the lower 48....specifically near Crater Lake Oregon, our cabin area will start getting snow any day now.
Then, won't see terra firma until around May

Since we moved down the mountain, to the city, I expect only a couple feet in the dead of winter.

None. Once in a while there's a dusting. Of course, now that I say that we'll probably get a bunch. ;)
Down here, in the lower 48....specifically near Crater Lake Oregon, our cabin area will start getting snow any day now.
Then, won't see terra firma until around May
Since we moved down the mountain, to the city, I expect only a couple feet in the dead of winter.
I love Crater Lake. It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. My uncle Leo was a great singer and a minister. At his funeral his son Mike said that when they went to Crater Lake they hiked the trail down to the lake. At the time Mike was probably five. He said his dad sang the song How Great Thou Art all the way down and all the way back up. Mike said he was so embarrassed. But he said after his dad finished, people thanked him. I heard Uncle Leo sing the song once upon a time. He sang it with all of his soul. It was wonderful. I can even hear him now in the back of my memory and feel enriched by it.

I so wish I coulda heard him sing it
My Dad's favorite song
(neither one of us could sing a lick......but, great listeners)
Once upon a time I could sing, but allergies took the voice.
Tell you what, you put your energy on it and I'll put mine on it, and maybe we can get him to sing to us tonight while we sleep. I miss him.

here in the middle of NJ, t-day could be 35-75 degrees. a "white Christmas" rarely happens. usually have a week or so that's ungodly cold... late January or early February. we rarely get snowed in. generally, once we get to mid-march, chance for snow becomes pretty slim. after this spring... there is absolutely NO reason for school to be called be BUT not out of the question to get a BIG snow fall in early April, but it disappears in no time.cause of snow.

I don't know, it seems to vary here every year. I like some snow, think it's pretty, but not blizzards. We didn't get all that much last Winter but had some very cold temperatures.

Not sure how much we'll get, it varies from year to year. Sometimes none at all, and sometimes a few weeks of it.. so after the hottest summer on record I'm fully expecting a very snowy winter...

p04m0b21.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping for another 'mild' winter ,last yr we had no blizzards,below avg snow total,70{avg is over 100}We start getting snow usually end of Nov-mid March
I live right in the city of Buffalo,we don't get as much snow as areas south known as'southern tier'.The ski areas are located there,all depends on the winds blowing across Lake Erie

Quite often we see snow on, or before Halloween, just a skiff mind you, but nonetheless, snow, and from that period forward we can expect snow anytime.

Typically by late November, for surely early December, there's snow on the ground, and right up to and including the month of March, snow can and does fall.

Back