How Many of Us Plan On Vacationing This Year?

That's a "bloody" shame. Just checked the live webcam for St. Ives, Cornwall & there are plenty of young people walking around holding drinks in their hands. The weather is sunny and beautiful and not one person is wearing a masks while I was watching. I love this area since my wife used to live in Penzance and we would visit often. Loved traveling via the "Great Western Railroad." Too bad about this pandemic. Many of us are prisoners in our own homes or countries.
Yes john, cornwall and devon are lovely places to visit , I lived in Devon for a while near Bude ,
We don’t have to wear masks while we re outside ....even tho , I personally think the virus Is airborne ......

That's a "bloody" shame. Just checked the live webcam for St. Ives, Cornwall & there are plenty of young people walking around holding drinks in their hands. The weather is sunny and beautiful and not one person is wearing a masks while I was watching. I love this area since my wife used to live in Penzance and we would visit often. Loved traveling via the "Great Western Railroad." Too bad about this pandemic. Many of us are prisoners in our own homes or countries.
How about a link to that webcam? (y)

Vacation?

We're retired

It's been a vacation since April 2015, when I retired

'Go somewhere?

Been somewhere (up at the cabin) for 5 years

Gettin' a huge round metal tub, filling it with water, setting out the lounges
......and goin' to the back yard
Watch the garden grow while soaking up the rays

That's as far 'somewhere' we care to go

Oh, we may dash up to the cabin
Do a little hiking/fishing

Then

Fill the little tub
Soak up suds and sun up there

bathe room.JPG

sun bathe 3.jpg

Now my SIL and her hubby are goin' to Turks in a few days
Wishing them safe travels

Last edited:
Vacation?

We're retired

It's been a vacation since April 2015

'Go somewhere?

Been somewhere (up at the cabin) for 5 years

Gettin' a huge round metal tub, filling it with water, setting out the lounges
......and goin' to the back yard
Watch the garden grow while soaking up the rays

That's as far 'somwhere' we care to go

Oh, we may dash up to the cabin
Do a little hiking/fishing

Then

Fill the little tub
Soak up suds and sun up there

View attachment 156370

View attachment 156371

Now my SIL and her hubby are goin' to Turks in a few days
Wishing them safe travels
They got the Carib and you got a horse trough. Nice.

Attachments

• horse trough.jpg
    horse trough.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not sure if any of us will be going anywhere, boris is about to change his mind again....😡😡
ALL I WANT IS MY HAIR CUT......😢😭😤😱
I remember the first time we were able to go get haircuts, since I wear my hair very short I was so frustrated to have it long. We all know your frustration, let me fly over there and I’ll chop it off for you. Oh, wait, due to medical issues I can’t fly, 😂, the pressure might actuallymake my head explode. Sorry.

We cancelled our plans for this year. Hopefully next year we will travel. I would like to visit the San Juan Islands, but the ferry is not running yet. The other plan is to spend a couple of weeks in Kauai.
we have been there a number of times and know the ropes.

Already done one to New Orleans, and have plans for two Florida trips (one north and one south) and a redfish expedition to Venice, Louisiana in October. Also have July reservations in BC (salmon & halibut trip), but suspect the Canadians won't let us in this year. If that falls apart will probably go to Oregon and visit family instead. Not letting the grass grow under my feet...

Now that I have had the Pfizer vaccine I am feeling more confident about travel. Still wearing a mask and being careful, just not staying home.

Sure wish international would open up, have an invitation to visit friends in Leon, France and Geneva, but it ain't gonna happen this summer.

Got to get around so long as I still can and the money holds out...

Nope no holidays up this way, covid has moved in close. One 15 minutes from me. Another 20 minutes from there and all interlink with my area.
Don't know if it is the original covid, one from the UK, Brazil or Africa. We have all 3 in Canada.
Heh heh, bring on the city people.

Booked UK Lake District and Switzerland. Pretty good chance of 0 for 2. (n) Booked at end of last year --- took a chance....
I think we all know the outcome of that. ☹️ We usually go down to the Black Sea summers but they're on lock down (again). We are beginning the second year of isolation and at this point, I am ready to travel to any place at all. Just let me know where!

the US when we can.
Any sense as to when our border will reopen? I have July reservations for a fishing trip to BC, but am beginning to think it won't happen. Do you have an insights from your side of the border? I imagine y'all are just as anxious to see a reopening as we are.

Still seems hard to imagine the border is closed, going to Canada always seemed so easy... Not really like going to a foreign country.

I did get my vaccinations, hope that helps...

Any sense as to when our border will reopen? I have July reservations for a fishing trip to BC, but am beginning to think it won't happen. Do you have an insights from your side of the border? I imagine y'all are just as anxious to see a reopening as we are.

Still seems hard to imagine the border is closed, going to Canada always seemed so easy... Not really like going to a foreign country.

I did get my vaccinations, hope that helps...
No! I have no idea. I just know that when it opens and it’s safer, we’d like to go to Maine but we have plenty of places to visit before that happens. Right now we are just entering into Quebec, then the Atlantic bubble. There we have to quarantine for 2 weeks. We are really looking forward to it.

BC is beautiful. I love all the mountain goats 🐐

Already done one to New Orleans, and have plans for two Florida trips (one north and one south) and a redfish expedition to Venice, Louisiana in October. Also have July reservations in BC (salmon & halibut trip), but suspect the Canadians won't let us in this year. If that falls apart will probably go to Oregon and visit family instead. Not letting the grass grow under my feet...

Now that I have had the Pfizer vaccine I am feeling more confident about travel. Still wearing a mask and being careful, just not staying home.

Sure wish international would open up, have an invitation to visit friends in Leon, France and Geneva, but it ain't gonna happen this summer.

Got to get around so long as I still can and the money holds out...
Wow. That’s a lot of travelling. Have lots of fun.

Back