How messy is your vehicle?

There is never any trash in my car as I always take it in when I get home. My smaller card (Toyota Yaris) has grubby rubs (salt stains) that I can't get out and they would need to be replaced. My 2019 Equinox still smells like a new car as due to the pandemic I never drove it much and it is harder to park at malls and grocery stores.

My car is never messy. We do keep it in the garage which helps. I don't clean it on a regular basis but I have small plastic bags for trash that gets thrown away as soon as I get home.

I never go on a trip without vacuuming the inside and washing the windows. I'm a little lax at doing the inside of the windows because they aren't easy to reach. I'm going to look into the Windshield Wonder that was mentioned by @win231.
I also like to sprinkle a little scented oil on a couple of cotton balls and put them on the floor in the back.

I don't like to buy the ones made for cars. I don't think they last long and a few years back I saw online how a couple melted in the heat and damaged the car.

My car is kinds sorta. I feed the feral cats at work so I end up putting the bag with food, supplies down on the dirt then it' goes on the floor on the passenger side. It's dusty. I keep spare bowls in the trunk.

But it's not too bad. If I had to clear everything out, I could do it in a few minutes.

I don't eat in my vehicle so that solves one problem. I do not keep clothes or whatever in the vehicle. Except for a small container in the trunk with a cloth shopping bag, spare masks, a windbreaker.

Now in the winter, I do keep a spare winter coat and gloves in the trunk just in case I get stranded.

Trash no, dust yes! I can't be bothered since I drive very little.

I haven't been able to drive since I started cancer treatment. But when I did, my car was spotless. I don't eat or drink in my car.

Now my daughter drives it because she likes it better than her 2004 low-mileage Honda CRV. It looks like a landfill inside. Although she hates when I bring it up (rarely), she is like her dad that way. Sometimes I get so irritated that I clean it out myself. Waiting for her to do it an exercise in futility. I see why when she marries, she wants a house-husband. I've known a few those, and none of them kept house very well.

IMO, there are too many men who want to marry their mothers, but with sex added to the job description. Maybe times have changed, but from the articles I've read recently about the division of household chores and childcare, the women still do the bulk of the work, and not by choice.

That is a bogus pic. Any cop would pull that driver over in every place in the country for obstructing vision.
Sorry fmdog44, when I was working at the psych hospital, a pt.'s sister would come bouncing up the road with a station wagon filled to the ceiling with junk. There was so much junk the pt. couldn't sit in the passenger's seat, we opened the hatch, make a hole, and he had to climb up onto it. I'll never forget-he looked at me, and said, "And I'm the one they locked up". She always came and picked him up in that trashmobile.

I also like to sprinkle a little scented oil on a couple of cotton balls and put them on the floor in the back.

I don't like to buy the ones made for cars. I don't think they last long and a few years back I saw online how a couple melted in the heat and damaged the car.
@Ruth n Jersey what kind of scented oil do you use Ruth?

I’ve tried various essential oils, perfume, a dryer sheet 😂 because I don’t care for the car fresheners either. I’ve never found an alternate that lasts as long as the ones made for cars.

@Ronni I just use the oils they use to make candles. Walmart has a whole slew of them. I noticed some are stronger than others. I just make sure I put the cotton balls on a piece of foil or in an empty plastic container. I don't know what it would do to the carpet.
I also put a cotton ball in my vacuum canister as well. It keeps it from smelling musty between cleanings.

I keep the inside of my car rubbish free, outside OK as it's always kept in the garage. Best not to leave cars outside here in Australia as the sun is so ferocious, not to mention the heat in summer. Even many shopping centre car parks are undercover or have shade sails.

Wonder where this gentleman's car is LOL ???

j55NZlT.jpg

Back