How Often Do You Eat Fish?

As a kid, nobody ate "rock salmon". It was regarded as a pest by lobster fishermen because it would get caught in the creels. The would kill them and use them as bait.
Skate was also regarded as rubbish. Strange the way these fish are now almost fashionable.

We eat fish once or twice a week. Haddock is the most popular one here, but I like lots of sea fish. Not so keen on freshwater fish.

At least 3 or 4x a week. I love Wild caught Salmon, Cod, flounder.. not a big fan of Catfish nor Tilapia. I also love Shrimp and Scallops. I can eat seafood everyday. @Lee I miss my Fish Sticks and ketchup..mixed with a little hot sauce..YUMMM. If I can find some organic fish sticks..IT'S ON:ROFLMAO:

Only eat catfish that I caught...Not too often lately!!!
tenor.gif

I used to make crab salad too..but I rarely eat salad these days...

I also have mussels in a Can too... so easy to eat straight out of the can ( and they come in loads of flavours of sauces, but I like mine just in spring water)... so good for you and so non fattening)

I used to make crab salad too..but I rarely eat salad these days...

I also have mussels in a Can too... so easy to eat straight out of the can ( and they come in loads of flavours of sauces, but I like mine just in spring water)... so good for you and so non fattening)
My crab salad is more like a crab dip.... very simple to make: Crab meat, mayo, bay seafood seasoning, etc. YUMMMM

Fish every Friday. Ask the Catholics why! Then on Sunday morning we have kippers. People from the UK will know what I'm talking about. By the way, the Kippers in the Uk are so much superior to the frozen ones we have to eat here in Canada. I know since I have eaten them in both places. Love the UK kippers.

We eat fish (and seafood in general) between three times a week and once every two weeks depending on what's available. Whenever dungeness crab season is on we get it whenever my wife can find it at a good price. We also have shrimp dishes once in a while and Costco has pesto salmon that we get from time to time.

It depends.

I've got a great seafood shop right up the road from me...just opened a couple of years ago.

Sometimes it's several times a week, sometimes it's once a week or even once every other week. Sometimes it's a few scallops or shrimp as a side.

I don't make a conscious effort to work it into my meal plans...I usually have whatever I feel like in the moment.

Fish every Friday. Ask the Catholics why! Then on Sunday morning we have kippers. People from the UK will know what I'm talking about. By the way, the Kippers in the Uk are so much superior to the frozen ones we have to eat here in Canada. I know since I have eaten them in both places. Love the UK kippers.
Canned kippers or fresh?

I've never seen them anything but canned here in the states.
My mother was British. I was raised enjoying King Oscar, and still enjoy them.

Regarding fish on Fridays...wasn't that started to support the local fishermen?

Generally twice a week, all from the sea, not lakes. But I won't touch that thing they call tilapia.

Otherwise, most fresh fin fish that's available. I love halibut but at $22.95 a pound, no thanks, geeze! I love shellfish, too.

In my youth we never ate fish on Friday because it was regarded as Catholic, and we were Presbyterian. Now I don't care what day it is.
Just recently , a mobile fishmonger has started to visit the local villages in his refrigerated van. His fish is superb - not the cheapest but the freshest I have tasted. Last Friday I bought some Lemon Sole. I cooked it simply by dusting it with seasoned flour and fried it quickly in butter flavoured with fresh thyme. Yummy.

He also sells the most wonderful smoked mackerel, salmon and kippers - smoked traditionally with no colours or additives.

I love good fresh fish and other seafood, but having lived & traveled on both coasts ,by the time it it gets to the market in the desert here, to my taste it’s far from being fresh, or is deteriorating from being “previously frozen” , & at prices ranging from $8-10 a pound. My favorite meal out would be a fine seafood specialty restaurant . About once a week I do eat the bumblebee white solid albacore in water or T J’s wild Canadian unsalted water pack sardines.

Back