How often do you take a shower?

Sort of personal isn't it? Shall we move on to bowel movements? How many per day?
It's just a fun thread...not like someone is sticking a microphone in your face while you are having a shower. And if these types of questions make you squeamish for some odd reason, you can always skip the thread and not reply at all. Free will...etc.

Morning and night time.
What's the old sayings?
Cleanliness is next to Godliness... and all that.

I worked the Oilfields along the hot / humid and wet Gulf Coast and Africa for 44 year before retiring. Offshore Projects / Construction outside in the weather. Human body odor on men working hard and sweating for 12 hour tours makes for some strong stench/odors....

I have seen new men from the States actually quit over the smells - I mean quit high paying overseas job....just saying.

I'll be showering / bathing a couple times per day and using Deodorant and Cologne long as possible.

Interestingly, at least to me, I also have seen men quit from Bugs and Mosquitoes being so bad when Roughnecking on Drilling Rigs in Rice Fields along the Gulf Coast when the bugs would be so bad at night during the summer.

I take a bath every other day. Nothing wrong with showers, but I grew up in a house with only a bathtub (no shower) and given a choice, I'll take the bath. Start out medium hot, and then ramp it up to even hotter!

Dry skin is no excuse! You don't have to use scalding water or lather every inch with a strong soap. You don't have to stay under for a long time and you can use Vintage's shea butter afterwards -- but some areas must be washed with soap every day or bad bacteria will build up.

I dont think anyone was suggesting not washing daily

But one can wash certain areas without having to do a full body wash or shower.

Myself - I shower every morning and occasionally twice a day - if Ive been playing sport and then going out to dinner or suchlike

It hasnt caused me any skin problems.

However that doesn't mean everyone has to shower daily - depending on your skin and your activities and the weather etc and what works for you.

But one can wash certain areas without having to do a full body wash or shower.
Did that up at the cabin in winter
The two pot bath
Soapy water and rinse water

I'm a big shower fan

But, up at the cabin, in summer, we looked forward to bathing in the trough outside, around 2pm (atter chopping wood all morn)

sun bathe 4.jpg
It was pretty glorious
Bathe in the fresh air
Let the sun dry us off

Built a couple lounges for us

bathe room.JPG

I do miss that

Last edited:
This made me laugh. How many millions of people happily shower daily without issue? Yet this headline grabbing story suggests it might be bad for our skin. :D

I guess the key word is 'could' - and I agree on that - for some people it could be bad for their skin

I'll happily continue showering daily as it hasn't given me any skin problems - but I agree it could for some people

This made me laugh. How many millions of people happily shower daily without issue? Yet this headline grabbing story suggests it might be bad for our skin. :D
I have learned over the years our media and government like to keep people scared of anything possible. Me, I just laugh at the idiots that create these scare tactics.

I have a bath every morning Mon - Sat and on a Sunday I have a long shower. I tend towards the water being hotter rather than tepid, unless it's summer. Always moisturise after.

When I've been working in the garden in the summer, or just doing dusty or dirty jobs in general or if I've walked into a web (paranoid about webs 😧), I'll shower no matter the day of the week, but that's a quick in and out job.

Don't know if this is true or not, but a work colleague, an older lady, used to tell me when it really rains, ie not drizzly rain, she used to strip off, get a bar of soap and shower in the rain.
Many a time I've been tempted to give it a try :LOL:

What? Nobody using Lume or Mando? Yuh don't have to use expensive water and soap, just smear the creme onto where you want to smell clean.... only $20 for a 3oz tube. 😆
I use Dove men’s body wash or Dial Spring Water. No bar soap. I always drop the bar in the shower. I take two showers a day.
My wife uses some kind of soap that comes in a gold colored bottle with a pump. I think it’s Neutrogena or something like that.

I used to take at least 3 showers a day!

I always showered when I got up in the morning, that's one. Then I had gym class every day, then a shower and go back to classes, that's two. Finally, I practiced football, or wrestled, or baseball (which covered all seasons during the year). And I had to shower each day after these practices, that made it three showers a day. Yep, clean I was...

Now usually, one will do, unless I get sweaty working outside or doing some work around the house...like painting!

Back