How Often Do You Use Ibuprofen Or Naproxen, And...

I don't take any NSAID, ever. Not ibuprofen, Naproxen, or aspirin. They shut down my kidneys. I was very lucky and my kidneys recovered, but many people aren't so lucky. If you have any unpleasant side effects, you might want to get a CBC to see where your kidney levels are. (Not everybody has my reaction; it was an allergy. But it snuck up on me.)

Have been taking a 325/mg Aspirin on docs orders since 2001 [heart attack] And, about three years ago, It was suggested that I take Indomethacin 50/mg twice daily for arthritis.....But I am trying ever so slowly to get off both of them.......the pain is [some days] through the roof......The good days are bad.

I'll take naproxen or ibuprofen sparingly if the pain merits it or I simply must keep going. If the problem will respond to acetaminophen, I'll go with that as a somewhat safer alternative. One must be careful in putting out one fire not to start another, and I know of some people who gulp OTC pain pills like candy...

A soak in the hot tub or a good massage works wonders.

Not really practical when ya think about it.....I for example, do not have a tub, I have only a shower. [perhaps a mistake when i built the house] ? And how long [really] does the massage relief last ? A day maybe? I tried it at a chiropractor's office , I never got much out of it.

Not really practical when ya think about it.....I for example, do not have a tub, I have only a shower. [perhaps a mistake when i built the house] ? And how long [really] does the massage relief last ? A day maybe? I tried it at a chiropractor's office , I never got much out of it.
Guess it depends on what ails ya and if it's chronic condition.

I don't have a tub either. I have two bathrooms upstairs and they both have showers. Plus, I can't do hot tubs, they make me feel awful. Don't know what that hot water does to me, but I can only stand about 5 minutes in one.

I don't have a tub either. I have two bathrooms upstairs and they both have showers. Plus, I can't do hot tubs, they make me feel awful. Don't know what that hot water does to me, but I can only stand about 5 minutes in one.
I'm sorry to hear that @Rasputin, do massages help? I'm thinking about replacing one of our tubs with a walk-in shower, it just makes sense to remove a tripping hazard (for my wife - of course).

Back