How old is your dog ?

My boy will be 4 at the end of this month.

full

We have two, Bella & Dexter.

Bella is a 12 year old German Shepherd that I rescued at 14 weeks old. She's been my best bud for the last 12 years. She was just diagnosed with liver cancer/liver failure 3 weeks ago. She's feeling the effects of it, but is still pretty strong, The Vet said it could be 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months.

Dex is a 4 year old, 100lb Golden Retriever who is a big loveable lug. He should wear a sign that says "will do anything for a treat". 😄

five dogs?
guess you live on a farm and dont have to pick up their poo
Not a farm, but I do have 33 acres with about one acre fenced in for them to run about. :) These are probably going to be our last rescues, as age is creeping up on us. That said, having had up to 16 rescues at one time, these 5 are really not that big a deal.
Some of their yard...

DSC02333.JPG

According to the internet the world record for longevity of a dog is 30 years.
That is a heck of a long time for a dog!
I met a 23 year old dog last year at my new apartments .. a little chihuahua that got daily "walks" in a baby stroller. It didn't make it past the summer months though.

When I was a kid my Uncle Frank had a Beagle that he claimed was 21 or 22 years old. I don't remember exactly. I don't know if he was really that old or if my uncle was exaggerating. He called him "Old Satan". He must have been pretty old because being a kid I wanted to play with him but all he would ever do is lay there and look up at me with those sad Beagle eyes.

Does anyone remember an old TV episode of King of Queens, where Doug (Kevin James) went back to visit his parents in Florida .. and his childhood dog Rocky? The plot was .. his parents didn't have the heart to tell him that his dog died of old age, so they kept replacing him over the years with an identical dog, and they were on Rocky IV at that time.
Doug believed it was his 'original' dog, until his wife stepped in and broke the charade. 😀

i had a lab chow mix that was going into kidney failure so i had to have him put down (it was hard to take) my daughter has a boston bull dog-english terrier mix he will soon be 1and a half

Back