I am old but…

Well folks I have made it to the age of 91 so to me you are all youngsters.
Just keep a sense of humour and you too can get to my age.
I very often compare myself to an old clapped out car that has been round the clock a few times with having various bits and pieces dropping off along the way and now my exhaust has started to blow, but as long as my headlights keep shining just take life as it comes. 😄
Well said! Are you a writer, by any chance?

Yes Win but only about my own life. Plus true tales put into verse and published for all proceeds after printing costs taken out going to various charities.
Maywalk, you never answered my email and I feared the worst. So happy to see you are still alive and kicking. Tell the newbies here about your book.

My apologies Lewkat but I have spent a lot of time in hospital over the past two years with broken bones. My Osteoporosis has got worse and I had three broken vertebra which put me out of action for some time and last year broke a bone in my coccyx.
I don’t even know whether you will get this apology because I keep getting locked out of this forum which is one reason why I have not called in. I am on my I-pad at the moment so just hoping that you get this message. As for my book I doubt very much if anyone would be interested in it on here.Take care and keeping my fingers crossed that this message will be seen by you.

My apologies Lewkat but I have spent a lot of time in hospital over the past two years with broken bones. My Osteoporosis has got worse and I had three broken vertebra which put me out of action for some time and last year broke a bone in my coccyx.
I don’t even know whether you will get this apology because I keep getting locked out of this forum which is one reason why I have not called in. I am on my I-pad at the moment so just hoping that you get this message. As for my book I doubt very much if anyone would be interested in it on here.Take care and keeping my fingers crossed that this message will be seen by you.
I'll either pm you or send you another email my friend. You were just out of hospital last we spoke and you had a nurse come in at times. I think with all that was going on in our lives at that time, my daughter in law passing on and followed by the pandemic, my mail may have gotten lost in the shuffle. So glad to see you here my friend. You'd be surprised how many would be interested in your book, or at least your experiences. I am still reading all about WWII and its effects on those who had to live through it on the continent. I thought we had it bad here in the USA. Not by a long shot as you know.

"However - I've decided I'm not going to say I'm 'OLD' but - Optimistically Living Daily. :D" Love that. I'll use your definition of old. I haven't started feeling the other definition of old yet. :)
I like that as well Optimistically Living Daily - Love it :love:
Same here, haven't started feeling the other definition of old either...doubt if I will due to not sure what it feels like. For me, aching bones is not old. and my mind is pretty sharp.. everything seems to be working just fine 🤩

"However - I've decided I'm not going to say I'm 'OLD' but - Optimistically Living Daily. :D" Love that. I'll use your definition of old. I haven't started feeling the other definition of old yet. :)

I like that as well Optimistically Living Daily - Love it :love:
Same here, haven't started feeling the other definition of old either...doubt if I will due to not sure what it feels like. For me, aching bones is not old. and my mind is pretty sharp.. everything seems to be working just fine 🤩
Thank you @OneEyedDiva & @Ladybj - My best wishes that you both never know the other definition of old 😀

So sorry for your broken bones, it must be horrific. Don't log out of the forum, I never do and have no problems.

Last edited:
Depends on your state of mind, Holly. I have a relatively young son (55), as I had him when I was 33. He and his friends keep me young I can tell you. I loved sports and dancing so, as they grew we all merged and enjoyed ourselves. When the aches and pains set in, one learns to live with same. As long as I have an interest in life, which I most certainly do, and I make every effort to stay informed, it keeps me clicking. We have to accept our limitations as we age. It can be frustrating to say the least. I cannot walk as far as I once did, but that's ok. I'm still able to walk and I cannot say that about many my age. With modern medicine, all that has helped as well. Sometimes, I look ahead and know my days are fewer on this planet and I'll start thinking of all I'd miss. This will get me down and make me feel old. I'll find something else to occupy my mind so as not to dwell on it. Other than that, Holly, it is an individual thing and each of us approaches it in our own way. As the saying goes; it is what it is.
Why not go camping

Back