I cut my thumb open 😥

Aneeda72

I cut my thumb open, yesterday, while making his Royal highness egg salad. Since I never sleep, it was 3am. It bled slowly but ongoing for 3 hours, just keep leaking. I needed stitches but not going to er for cut thumb. So now I have an open wound which won’t stick together and it’s too late for stitches, dang it, it’s always something.

I cut my thumb open, yesterday, while making his Royal highness egg salad. Since I never sleep, it was 3am. It bled slowly but ongoing for 3 hours, just keep leaking. I needed stitches but not going to er for cut thumb. So now I have an open wound which won’t stick together and it’s too late for stitches, dang it, it’s always something.
If it won't stick together, you need stitches! You probably need an antibiotic as well.

Don't know

Never used it

With this onion paper thin Irish skin of mine, I cut easy
But, I heal quick

The last doozie was when I ran a saw over the top of my hand

View attachment 123655

Poured whiskey on it
Held it over my head an hour or so
Went back to work
Ouch. My husband cut the end of his fingers off with a power saw. Now I have to supervise him, 😂.

I put a nasty gash in my arm, back in July...bleeding profusely. I wrapped it up and went to the ER, where they had to put about a dozen stitches in, and gave me a tetanus shot, etc. It has healed nicely, with no infection, and left a bit of a scar. A bad cut should Always be treated by a medical professional, so as to avoid a possible infection, and even more troubles.

On my way over to get you all fixed up, Aneeda!

I'm thinking a few safety pins ought to hold it! 🧷 🧷 🧷 :)

In my book you have 3 options.

1. Try New-Skin it's like Crazy Glue and burns like the devil itself.

If that doesn't work

2. Go to a local 24 hour private clinic

If they can't solve your problem and sometimes they can't

3. Visit your local hospital ER at like 3:AM fully suited up with facemask, face shield, paper overalls, gloves and paper booties with all your ID and necessary paperwork in a large zip lock bag. Good luck.

See if your pharmacy has any steri-strips. They're used specifically to hold wounds together. If you don't get a wound stitched promptly, at least within 24 hours, the risk of infection is much higher.

Another vote for steri-strips.

3m-r1543.jpg

r-arm bite1.jpgr-arm bite.jpgl-arm bite.jpg
First 2 pics are my right arm, last pic is left arm. 3 years ago. My 2 dogs got into a fight, I separated them I was home alone, husband (now ex) at work, my son and DIL who lived close were also gone to visit family in MO.

I tended to my dogs wounds, then cleaned my wounds, moped up blood mostly mine, took these cute photos of my wounds, then sent the pics to DIL who pitched a fit demanding I go to the E.R.

I wanted to wait until hubby was home, 5 hours. Anyway went to E.R. got stitches. I have a nice scar as a reminder, and these lovely pic's. I'm a tough old bird. 🤪

View attachment 123684View attachment 123685View attachment 123686
First 2 pics are my right arm, last pic is left arm. 3 years ago. My 2 dogs got into a fight, I separated them I was home alone, husband (now ex) at work, my son and DIL who lived close were also gone to visit family in MO.

I tended to my dogs wounds, then cleaned my wounds, moped up blood mostly mine, took these cute photos of my wounds, then sent the pics to DIL who pitched a fit demanding I go to the E.R.

I wanted to wait until hubby was home, 5 hours. Anyway went to E.R. got stitches. I have a nice scar as a reminder, and these lovely pic's. I'm a tough old bird. 🤪
You are a tough old bird, now I got to go pass out-could have done without the pictures.

View attachment 123684View attachment 123685View attachment 123686

Ugh....urp again

tenor.gif

Back