I don't know what Advice to give to my Sister

Hospice outside of the home for the nephew sounds like a good idea. And it would take a lot of the stress off of her. It might let her own health get better.

This is an oldish thread Sassycakes and your family's difficult journey is probably nearing the time of your nephew's exit from this world. As I read the story I was deeply moved as it paralleled the story that I myself recently lived: 18 yrs after dad died I lived with Mom; 3 yrs after she fell and broke her back I was her 24/7 nurse; for 56 days after she fell again and broke another vertebrae she was in hospice care.....in hospital and skilled nursing home....I sat with her every day up to the very last moment, almost 5 months ago now. I was the only family she had.
I think your family demonstrates great merit in sharing the tasks of caring for the young man. My thoughts are with you all, people whom I do not know, as you are traversing this difficult path, now and also in the days, weeks, months and years to come as you remember your nephew's life and also recall the experiences you all lived through as you attended his departure from this world.

Thank all of you for your wonderful replies. I saw my nephew yesterday and it breaks my heart to see him in so much pain. He is on pain killers but they really don't help a lot. I pray he doesn't have to be in pain any longer as hard as losing him will be. I believe in God and Heaven and hopefully he will get peace soon.

Sassycakes... may God bless you, your nephew and your sister. My heart goes out to all of you and commend you on the loyal loving care, prayer and attention you have faithfully given him during his time of trial.

Back