I don't know what to do about editing pictures

First of all, in photo editing as in most things, you get what you pay for. Second, the standard and most versatile photo editor is Photoshop; however, the learning curve is steep, long and carries an ongoing rental price. Third, a good alternative is DXO PhotoLab, which has one of the best lens correction and is very easy to learn and use. Also DXO does a great job converting from RAW to JPG/PNG/whatever. Beyond that, the new kid on the block is Luminar AI which does all the work for you based on templates you selct but will let you get down and dirty with well-encapsulated (i.e., easy to use) image control functions. Having used Photoshop since the very beginning, I now run just about everything Luminar, which has some powerful features not found anywhere else currently.

feb1_2021_2deer1.jpg

That said, Photoshop is still the base editor through which all of my work flows but most of the work is done elsewhere. DXO and Luminar both operate as standalone editors that you purchase rather than rent. Luminar AI also operates as a Photoshop filter.

Back