I Finally Got My First Shot On Tuesday

I use a very short fine needle for the insulin, goes into the abdomen. As far as routine blood draws. I won’t let just ordinary office personnel do it. I insist on going to one lab where the phlebotomists are excellent, always find a good vein and no big red splotches after. They say my veins are fine for my age. Worst thing is having some of those hospital amateurs try to start an IV and try to tell me I have “bad veins” when they are bad stickers.

I got my 3rd jab on Wednesday at 1:45 pm. I do not walk in fear. My closet and the bottom of my bed do not know me! I do not cringe watching the evening news because I do not watch the evening news. Just wish they would start up those "Happy Hours" again! Covid 19 has almost made everyone a "party pooper." As they say, "you only live once" so why live with party poopers?

Attachments

• Party Pooper.jpg
    Party Pooper.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 0
I think it would help to convince more people to get the vaccine if they stopped showing those endless photos in the newspaper of needles going into arms. It really does look a lot worse than it feels.

Instead, why not show smiling people walking out of the place where they just got the shot, happy because they feel safe(r)?
You make a good point there. I get close to passing out every single time I see somebody being vaccinated on t.v.

Now here's the thing. I HATE needles! Always have. So I was quite apprehensive, thinking it would hurt. I was pleasantly surprised and quite relieved when I didn't feel a thing. I was told to take a seat for at least 15 minutes before leaving. I chuckled to myself when I heard a man tell the nurse he was a baby when it came to needles.
Congrats 🥳 ...I wish more would follow your example.. I was surprised too when I hardly felt the needle..I was bracing for a small pain but I felt nothing..I even questioned if I had received the shot...:D

I think it would help to convince more people to get the vaccine if they stopped showing those endless photos in the newspaper of needles going into arms. It really does look a lot worse than it feels.

Instead, why not show smiling people walking out of the place where they just got the shot, happy because they feel safe(r)?
I agree with you..they really also need some testimonials saying it is painless...maybe saying they were afraid before and happy after the shot....

Yup they want me on insulin as well but I just cannot give myself the shots. I’ve tried, I cannot. Instead I have to walk and walk and walk in an effort to gain some control over my sugar. ☹️
Do you eat a lot of fiber? I just read an article that said fiber helps lower blood sugar. I eat a fair amount and though I've binged a lot on sweets since the pandemic, my A1C has gone down significantly. It took me awhile to be able to test my blood...don't know how I'd do if I had to give myself insulin shots! 😱

@Sunny I'm so tired of seeing needles going into arms!! It gives me the creeps....crazy because I had to learn to do venipuncture as part of the job I did the last 14 years of my career. Never thought I could do that but I became quite good at it. Seeing it done and doing it was different some how. I like your idea better than all these jabs being shown.

I got my second shot yesterday. Unlike the first one...I felt this one! The nurse said they had run out of the other needles which were thinner and retractable. My arm is a little sore but unlike the last time, is starting to itch a little at the same time.

Back