I know food is expensive, but I hope this is a typo...

It doesn't look like a rib roast to me and price chopper doesn't designate a grade like choice or prime. I would be buying beef elsewhere. 85/15 ground beef is $7.49lb at pc.

Last edited:
I picked up 8lbs of fresh ground 80/20 beef today at $2.99lb. I will break these down in to 1/2 pound packages for the freezer. This will last me for a few months, until the next sale.

On the rib roast, they do go on sale here during some holidays for $4.99 or $5.99 a pound. They were on sale at Easter but strangely there were no good hams on sale. I buy these for my son's family to have in the freezer for roasts or they cut down to steaks if they want.

You can have anything you want for the most part at a reasonable price. You just have to know your stores, buy what you need at the best sale price and freeze.

If I mortgage the house. I posted last week that I stopped at Job Lots and bought a few snacks and the total was $129. A can of cashew pieces was $15.99 when the shelf tag indicated $9.99.
That is when you ask cashier or a manager to go with you to check the price listed. If it as your say that should be what they charge. If they do not agree to the shown price for the product just walk away, do not buy the product. Some times as in the case you must decline to purchase the price listed on the shelf .Did you do that?

Kobe beef can run you $200 a pound, or more. I swear that I am not making this up. Never had any, and never will…at that price, I’d choke on it, even if it tasted great! 🙀

IMG_2268.jpeg

Back