I know I go on a bit about the hot weather here in Perth

Bretrick

This July just past Perth experienced it's wettest winter in 20 years.
271 mm - 10 1/2" of rain fell in July, 101 mm - 4" above average.
35 billion litres of rain flowed into the dams in July

I particularly feel for the farmers "over there", as they must surely struggle with the temperature extremes. I recall Adelaide having water restrictions at times .. going off the subject - then there are the mice :(

I particularly feel for the farmers "over there", as they must surely struggle with the temperature extremes. I recall Adelaide having water restrictions at times .. going off the subject - then there are the mice :(
I am amazed that the farmers keep going.
If it is not drought it is floods, or hailstone damage, or wind damage....or mice.
We need farmers but they have an incredibly hard life.
Even their equipment is ridiculously expensive so they always owe money to the banks.

Maybe Australian farmers have some sort of deal like their UK counterparts. Farmland and farm buildings are entirely exempt from Business Rates. This is worth about one billion pounds a year and as rates are based on the value of the land, the larger the area of land owned, the bigger the saving.

Maybe Australian farmers have some sort of deal like their UK counterparts. Farmland and farm buildings are entirely exempt from Business Rates. This is worth about one billion pounds a year and as rates are based on the value of the land, the larger the area of land owned, the bigger the saving.
As far as I know there are no exemptions for farmers re business rates.

Back