I Need To Go Where?

My wife’s parents were both born in Italy. She looked into getting dual citizenship, US and EU. Unfortunately her father was naturalized two weeks before she was born, so no dice. If her dad had become a US citizen a couple of weeks later we might be living in Tuscany.
My daughter had the opportunity to claim Mexican citizenship but didn't bother. I was so disappointed. I would have done it!

Instead of going someplace, I would like to go back in time, but so would many others. I would like a chance to correct all the wrongs that I have made. But to choose a place, I would have to say SE Ohio where I grew up and be back on the farm. I never should have left. I loved living on that farm and with my grandparents. I have no regrets for spending most of my life in the military, but I would trade it all to be back on that farm. I have often thought about going back and trying to buy it and do a "little" farming. I'm not too old to do that, except SE Ohio has some pretty nasty winters, which I am opposed to.

I think my next move will be to southern Tennessee. Maybe Chattanooga, which I have been studying and I think it would be a good fit for me.
I grew up in Gallia County. We may be cousins....

My daughter had the opportunity to claim Mexican citizenship but didn't bother. I was so disappointed. I would have done it!
A great memory from my wife‘s search for Italian, or EU, citizenship. We visited the office of a San Francisco attorney of Italian birth. On the wall of his office he had what I believe was a certificate admitting him to the Italian Bar. It was signed by Mussolini. (-8

Last edited:
i think I would like to settle in Bora Bora or Belize... I think they both would do wonders for my and Lorie's Bodies... The damp winters kill us here...
Bora Bora is exciting for a few days, but boredom would kill you after the tenth day. It’s a two-hour flight from Tahiti. The small airport is located on a reef. Through a window on the bottom of the over-water bungalow, we watch beautiful fish (at night you could turn on a light.) And everything is awfully expensive. No shops in walking distance. For retirement, consider Tahiti instead. BTW, Belize has lots of
crime that is absent in Bora Bora.
DSCN9422.JPGDSCN9352.JPGDSCN9357.JPGDSCN9396.JPGDSCN9377.JPG

Last edited:

Back