I started painting when I retired

flowerchild

I've never had the time to get into painting until I retired. Now I'm loving my journey with it. I'll post a few of my favorites. Some of these I did for my two boys.
I started with an Acrylic Pour Swipe technique using paint, floetrol, water, and drops of oil. Uses a lot of paint and makes a huge mess but some of them turned out nice I think.

this flower is blown out after pouring on the paint.
img0 (2).jpg
img0.jpg
img3.jpg

These are swiped backgrounds with image painted in after.
img2.jpg
img1.jpg

I have tried my hand at painting using water colors and had a couple that were reasonable, but I had to do them over and over again before I was satisfied. My conclusion was that this was one of the harder things I have ever tried, but I would not have known how difficult it was if I had not tried.

I acquired a lot of respect for "real" artist along the way, and when I go into an art museum now, I am a different spectator than before.

@flowerchild , you are talented.

I have tried my hand at painting using water colors and had a couple that were reasonable, but I had to do them over and over again before I was satisfied. My conclusion was that this was one of the harder things I have ever tried, but I would not have known how difficult it was if I had not tried.

I acquired a lot of respect for "real" artist along the way, and when I go into an art museum now, I am a different spectator than before.

Similar to something I tried: I took a quilting class and can say the only thing I got out of it was I learned how much I hate to quilt! 😄

Thanks, I too admire others who can create something

Amazing work! Love it! Faves are the first set of swipes, the bottom silhouette, the faerie ...the swipe accents in the last two give them so much interest. Also love your son's lake.
Glad you like them. It means that maybe my ideas on canvas are appreciated. So love that you appreciate them.

Ditto for me...love them all. Worked as a commercial artist early in my career and now, retired I find that choosing the medium to use is the main issue with getting started painting again "for fun" and not work. So much is messy and colored pencils are well "colored pencils"...lol.
Ditto back at you. Glad you like my work

Back