I sure wish I was a young Engineer!

Coming from the Dallas-Fort Worth area, there were many times I was stuck in rush hour traffic when I could have used one of those babies...Roll on big mama...

road-rage-042.gif

Figures it would be DARPA - they come up with some of the coolest stuff ever! My all-time favorite is Big Dog -

Wow, that is cool to watch. Say Phil, that reminds me of a recent novel you would like I bet. "Robopocalypse" by Daniel H. Wilson.

Read that and you will NEVER buy a self driving car!

Wow, that is cool to watch. Say Phil, that reminds me of a recent novel you would like I bet. "Robopocalypse" by Daniel H. Wilson.

Read that and you will NEVER buy a self driving car!

Thanks for mentioning that - you've given me the push I need to finally read it, because I've seen references to it several times in the last few days. Usually when that happens it's a sign from the Tao that I should be doing something, but I'm just too unaware to realize it. ;)

Read that one then his latest, "Amped", both good reads. FYI, the day before Wilson signed the book deal on "Robopocalypse" he signed the movie deal with Spielberg directing! Should be out in eatly 2014. I heard this after reading the book and when I had only read about 20 pages I said to myself "This would make a great movie!"

And smart! I love how he paddles the little rocket sled. Had to post it here as I got to thinking about some of the "squirrelly" engineers I've worked with . . .

I wonder if the person who built the squirrel obstacle course builts the whole thing then waited months for one smart squirrel to figure it out or if the squirrels lined up right away and did it the first try.

It certainly shows quite a bit of thought and time went into it. Say, maybe the squirrel had the guy build the course via mind control.

I wonder if the person who built the squirrel obstacle course builts the whole thing then waited months for one smart squirrel to figure it out or if the squirrels lined up right away and did it the first try.

It certainly shows quite a bit of thought and time went into it. Say, maybe the squirrel had the guy build the course via mind control.

Definitely mind control. Squirrels may be squirrelly but they sure know what they're doing...

Back