I want to move to Florida- suggesstions where

Hey all I've been thinking about moving to Florida for a few years now. But decided I will actively prepare my home for sale here.

Im looking for information in,the Pensacola area.

Thanks
I moved to Melbourne from Mass...just far enough from Busy Orlando and a few miles from the ocean...love it here so far.

Hey all I've been thinking about moving to Florida for a few years now. But decided I will actively prepare my home for sale here.

Im looking for information in,the Pensacola area.

Thanks
I guess one thing it might be helpful for us to know is why you've chosen Florida; that might make a difference as to where in the state we might suggest.

I have a home for sale on Clearwater Beach or what is called Sand Key. Very beautiful. I took it off the market when the pandemic hit and haven’t restored the listing yet. Maybe before winter, if the mood strikes me I will relist it. Home values have risen since the pandemic.

Last edited:
I have a home for sale on Clearwater Beach or what is called Sand Key. Very beautiful. I took it off the market when the pandemic hit and haven’t restored the listing yet. Maybe before winter, if the mood strikes me I will resist it. Home values have risen since the pandemic.
Home values haven't risen, Oldman; they've gone into space! :(

I have a home for sale on Clearwater Beach or what is called Sand Key. Very beautiful. I took it off the market when the pandemic hit and haven’t restored the listing yet. Maybe before winter, if the mood strikes me I will relist it. Home values have risen since the pandemic.
Been to Sand Key beach many times before. Beautiful indeed!

there are four varietes of scorpion three in the northern part and one in the southern and that one is particularly bad. also fire ants, gators, snakes, ticks, recluse/black widow spiders, panthers,sharks,bats snapping turtles and them little green things you cant see..........

there are four varietes of scorpion three in the northern part and one in the southern and that one is particularly bad. also fire ants, gators, snakes, ticks, recluse/black widow spiders, panthers,sharks,bats snapping turtles and them little green things you cant see..........

Thnx cdestroyer. The North is looking pretty good right about now.

Well if you folks that are thinking about moving to Florida haven’t had the crap scared out of you with all these killer bugs, let me add my 2 cents worth. Going on 22 years here and didn’t even know we had scorpions. Fire ants can be treated. I haven’t had any in years. Big old roaches can get in once in awhile. I’ve sprayed and killed maybe 6-7 in all these years here. Never seen a bear or killer frog. Big patch of woods behind our house.
I have seen one Coral snake and let him go on its way. We do have black racer snakes around our house which is good. Keeps the bug and rodent population down. Had a gator in our canal once but he was looking for love and paid no attention to us. I can’t remember seeing a spider at all. I might mention we have no flies thanks to the gieko population.
We bought our place on the east coast 21 years ago. Paid 53,000 for it and now it’s worth well over 100,000. But, if you decide to buy in a mobile home park, look for one where you purchase the land it sits on. Rent is out of site in our parks and folks are almost giving away their homes because of high rent costs. We live in Palm Bay and we bought the land too. This community is a deed restricted park…thank heavens.

Well if you folks that are thinking about moving to Florida haven’t had the crap scared out of you with all these killer bugs, let me add my 2 cents worth. Going on 22 years here and didn’t even know we had scorpions. Fire ants can be treated. I haven’t had any in years. Big old roaches can get in once in awhile. I’ve sprayed and killed maybe 6-7 in all these years here. Never seen a bear or killer frog. Big patch of woods behind our house.
I have seen one Coral snake and let him go on its way. We do have black racer snakes around our house which is good. Keeps the bug and rodent population down. Had a gator in our canal once but he was looking for love and paid no attention to us. I can’t remember seeing a spider at all. I might mention we have no flies thanks to the gieko population.
We bought our place on the east coast 21 years ago. Paid 53,000 for it and now it’s worth well over 100,000. But, if you decide to buy in a mobile home park, look for one where you purchase the land it sits on. Rent is out of site in our parks and folks are almost giving away their homes because of high rent costs. We live in Palm Bay and we bought the land too. This community is a deed restricted park…thank heavens.
I'd be very careful with a mobile home because of the hurricanes. Make sure you know what you're getting and expect to either be asked or told to evacuate.

I want to say something about the big "roaches." I used the term "palmetto bug" because that's what we call them because they live in the palmettos. Yes, they're big roaches. However, the roaches that carry disease, the small ones, are German roaches; palmetto bugs are harmless.

Shhhhh. Let them think the whole place is crawling with danger. :)
I know what you mean about park space rents. Before we decided to buy a house, we looked at some really nice mobiles that were priced right. However, any spot even close to the Gulf, the lot rent was in the $1200 range. Didn't seem right, so we went house hunting instead.

Shhhhh. Let them think the whole place is crawling with danger. :)
I know what you mean about park space rents. Before we decided to buy a house, we looked at some really nice mobiles that were priced right. However, any spot even close to the Gulf, the lot rent was in the $1200 range. Didn't seem right, so we went house hunting instead.
I see what you did there dog.lol. Florida is getting very crowded and the state is one of the most popular states to move to.

the main reason there are sink holes in florida it is because there is no native rock underground,,,no lava, no granites, no basalts most of the subsurface under florida are soft materials, like dolomites, sandstones,etc...water washes these away fairly rapidly, and woosh sink hole. during the 2005-2006 hurricane season I watched a neighbors house go down a sink hole in lake city that formed after the heavy rains, and it also was draining a small pond.
https://floridadep.gov/fgs/geologic-topics/content/florida-geologic-formations

there is a nice little rv park just north of kingman az, close enough for shopping out of the way for solitude...
I was born in Florida but did not live there long enough to have personal memories of it. However Florida friends have kept me in touch with their thoughts. One, a gentleman who used to publish a Florida magazine once told me "stay to the north. Less crowded; more peaceful; Pensacola? My first thought was a question. "Hurricanes"?

But that said, there is a town where my mother was born which, in her day was no more than a backwoods muddy spot. My uncle (mother's brother) described it that way. Only way in and out was to shoulder your load and walk. Now - today - I am told it is a beautiful, bustling and growing community. You might take a look. Name = Parrish County = Manatee. In the northeast corner of the county, Wimauma, across the county line, is nearby. Bradenton in the northwestern corner of Manatee on the Gulf

Someone mentioned staying inland. I would for another reason. I imagine the most crowded areas are on the Gulf or Atlantic. Am I right?

What I think of when I think Floriday is not the usual. History. Florida has a fabulous history if that interests you. Good luck.

Maxine

Back