I would like to meet everyone.

i don't generally go for meeting total strangers in person. i don't even meet up with people i know so...
Well, I am not a total stranger, although I might be strange. But meeting people in a public place on neutral ground when you are both old, 😂. Now with you @MarciKS we could be at the large cemetery where my grandmother and uncle are buried. its In Wichita.

We couldn’t find the graves after looking for a couple hours so when to the office when it opened and asked where they were. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Out the door, about two steps from where we parked. 😂. I swear there are days when I can’t find my butt with both hands.

My problem is that I just can't remember all the details that go with everyone. It's like the words to a song; I need to hear it over and over and over again. I am shy and not a big talker (although my hubby would dispute that) and due to my hearing impairment that had given so many hangups from childhood -well, I just couldn't handle a crowd. And, do I need to go through the stress of wondering if anyone would WANT to meet me? But, other than all that, I am sure I would like it if it were a small group in a public place. So...

My problem is that I just can't remember all the details that go with everyone. It's like the words to a song; I need to hear it over and over and over again. I am shy and not a big talker (although my hubby would dispute that) and due to my hearing impairment that had given so many hangups from childhood -well, I just couldn't handle a crowd. And, do I need to go through the stress of wondering if anyone would WANT to meet me? But, other than all that, I am sure I would like it if it were a small group in a public place. So...
I am shy in person but I overcome that shyness with quickly blurting out my entire life story to anyone who is trapped behind a cash register, or in a crowd, or on a bench, or in a line, or a table next to me in a restaurant, or you know, breathing. It’s another of my many embarrassing talents.

I am shy in person but I overcome that shyness with quickly blurting out my entire life story to anyone who is trapped behind a cash register, or in a crowd, or on a bench, or in a line, or a table next to me in a restaurant, or you know, breathing. It’s another of my many embarrassing talents.
I am also shy in the department of everyone knowing everything about me so I don't have that problem.

yeah that's the other thing lol!
Well, I am sure I can meet some young person at the cemetery or in Las Vegas that is just dying to meet me as well. As in oh, you must be Aunt May on dads side. “Why yes dear, yes I am. Now put down that sign, cause you have found me, and tell me where you are taking me for lunch. I’m starved.”

Some years ago, when a member from Chicago was in Los Angeles, several of us met at a restaurant for drinks, dinner, and conversation. We had all "known" one another for a long time, so a splendid time was guaranteed for all. One member from San Diego, who didn't attend, surprised us by calling in an order of chips and salsa (Mexican restaurant) for the table.

Another time, a member from New York was trying to avoid some astrological hazard (a load of nonsense, I had been telling him for years ) by spending the critical time on the other side of the continent visiting friends. He and his friends visited me at work for a guided tour of Warner Bros., after which we all met my wife ("she who must be obeyed") for dinner. Again, a splendid time was had by all, and he even picked up the check.

So, yeah, I might be interested if the time and location are convenient.

Last edited:
I'm that way, too, can't recall everyone's everything. After 2 or 3 times I learn. I'm also kind of shy unless I have a lot of coffee in me.

Back