Ice Cream In The Winter

Chet

It was on sale last week so I got a 1/2 gallon and just tried it today. Temperature outside was 42 degrees F. It just did not taste the same as it does in the summer on a hot day. I guess I'm programmed for summer ice cream only. Anybody eat ice cream in the winter?

Summer is for cones and winter is for bowls.

In the north, where I live, ice cream and frozen desserts were originally more common during the cold winter months than they were in the summer.

“There are many in this old world of ours who hold that things break about even for all of us. I have observed for example that we all get the same amount of ice. The rich get it in the summertime and the poor get it in the winter. ~Bat Masterson”

Last edited:
I've had an "addiction" to chocolate ice cream for about as long as I can remember. Virtually every evening, about an hour after Supper, I dish out a couple of tablespoons of ice cream, no matter what the outdoor temperatures are. I make sure to keep an extra container in the freezer, at all times, so I don't run out.

We have a homemade ice cream shop but someone told me it wasn't worth what it costs. I didn't figure it would be. The gal that owns it also has a chiropractic practice on the corner and she's lousy at that.

Back