Insurance options if not eligible for Medicare?

OK thanks Lara. I knew there was some degree of govt. rip off, just not sure how much it was.

Briefly off topic, Lara I see you are in Emerald Isle, wasn't there something about some pirate treasure there once. I seem to remember that in the back of my mind.

Ok, briefly off-topic reply here...someone will call us out no doubt ;)

Archaeologists have been recovering historical artifacts since 1996 from Blackbeard's Flagship he supposedly stole. The Flagship is still sitting under the sea off the Crystal Coast of Emerald Isle. There is a museum there that displays the found artifacts but so far not much in the way of Blackbeard's treasure has been found other than some gold dust. They are still searching.

There is also a history of the Revolutionary War and the Civil War at Fort Macon on the other end of the Island

Last edited:
To get us back on track...
The law I believe was if you did now sign up for some type of insurance a fine would be levied against your income tax refund check. But 700.00?? That stumps me, unless there were other factors involved, like keep refusing to sign up??
I was correct. Yes, my son told me he was charged a $700 government penalty for going 2 months without Obamacare in 2018. The government put a stop this highway robbery in 2019. Many young people had already paid though and feeling forced to sign up for Obamacare which made enrollment numbers look like great statistics.
Check it out:

"In the past if you went without Obamacare-compliant health insurance for more than two consecutive months during the year, you were sometimes subjected to a significant tax penalty. According to healthcare.gov, the penalty for 2018 (paid when you filed 2018’s taxes in 2019) was $695 per adult or 2.5% of your taxable income – whichever was greater"
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/resources/affordable-care-act/how-can-i-avoid-an-obamacare-tax-penalty-in-2019#:~:text=According to healthcare.gov, the,taxable income – whichever was greater!

I just read that under the new stimulus deal the Affordable Care Act will be much more affordable. I saw a figure that showed a $600 reduction. I don't know why people insist on calling it Obamacare since he had to satisfy the other party's points before they'd pass it.

Back