Introducing myself

Old & Healthy

G'day, I was looking for a Discussion Group so that I will be able to receive help. I was born far too early in 1941. Long before all of this technology. I preferred the days when you wanted to turn on your T V. You had an On-Off switch. Now you have to search for the remote!!!!
There are so many things now that I do not understand what they are.
I was born in England and worked on the P&O Passenger Liners. I was a Chef. I enjoyed being at sea. In the Galley, there were about 20 Chefs all about my age. Mainly we sailed from London to Australia. After 5 years at sea. I fell in love with Australia. I came out to Australia in 1969 as a 10 pound Pom.
I have never looked back. My first job was as the Head Chef at Orchid Beach Resort, Fraser Island. The most beautiful Island in the World. I worked on the Island for 5 years. I purchased a property just outside Maryborough Qld. Married and had 4 children. I worked in Maryborough as a Catering Manager and now I am retired.
I am almost 80 but still enjoy working on the property. My daughter called mum on the phone. She asked if she could talk to dad. My wife said " He is on the roof cleaning the guttering. That evening after tea my daughter phoned and got right up me. Telling me that at my age I should not be going things like that. I told her that mum would not climb the ladder!!!

Big warm welcome to you, Old & Healthy, from Beautiful British Columbia Canada!

DAC5DDBC-6AEF-4593-B267A04ED401A95D

Hi O&H welcome glad you found us
You'll meet wonderful group of people here at SF from around the world,thanks for sharing your story
Enjoy yourself
Sue in Buffalo,NY

G'day, I was looking for a Discussion Group so that I will be able to receive help. I was born far too early in 1941. Long before all of this technology. I preferred the days when you wanted to turn on your T V. You had an On-Off switch. Now you have to search for the remote!!!!
There are so many things now that I do not understand what they are.
I was born in England and worked on the P&O Passenger Liners. I was a Chef. I enjoyed being at sea. In the Galley, there were about 20 Chefs all about my age. Mainly we sailed from London to Australia. After 5 years at sea. I fell in love with Australia. I came out to Australia in 1969 as a 10 pound Pom.
I have never looked back. My first job was as the Head Chef at Orchid Beach Resort, Fraser Island. The most beautiful Island in the World. I worked on the Island for 5 years. I purchased a property just outside Maryborough Qld. Married and had 4 children. I worked in Maryborough as a Catering Manager and now I am retired.
I am almost 80 but still enjoy working on the property. My daughter called mum on the phone. She asked if she could talk to dad. My wife said " He is on the roof cleaning the guttering. That evening after tea my daughter phoned and got right up me. Telling me that at my age I should not be going things like that. I told her that mum would not climb the ladder!!!
Welcome to the forum. I am 74 and I clean out our gutters cause husband is too fat to climb a ladder. It is what it is. 😂

Welcome aboard, O&H! I enjoyed reading your intro, and we are glad to have you on our Passenger List! 🚢

iu

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.com P&O.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com P&O.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Back