Introduction to this forum

Hello, am Bob 69 and trying to figure out the best way to cut the cable. Thanks for allowing me in this forum.
Hi Bob. I just turned 70 today. I am wondering what you mean by "cut the cable"? For the past 5 months my life has been very challenging and I have thoughts of "Cutting the cable" on the whole shootin' match.

Try subscribing to Youtube TV for local channels and recordings. You might need an Amazon Firestick to smart up your tv, then combine that with a single subscription to Netflix or HBO, or Disney. Prime video is also a good way to go.

If you have a smart TV subscribe to a streaming TV (example....Sling or YouTube) within Sling are some free channels and some that you can subscribe to (example....Netflix). if you don't have a smart TV buy a Firestick from Amazon install on the back of your TV this will make your TV smart..;) and then follow the above, after you get everything set up call and cancel cable. If you need help, do what I did, ask your granddaughter.
Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome, Bob! This is a great group of people to get to know. I learned about Pluto.tv from this group and instead of cable, I watch free movies, shows and the news from there.

bob, there is a big discussion about this on the early-retirement.org forum. Just search for cable cutting.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/b2/ad/a0b2add94c20199e8357be44dfd7edd9.gif

Hi Bob, welcome, glad you are joining us
As you learn your way around the website, you'll meet members from around the world which makes SF a special place to hang out every day
I look forward to your future posts
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Back