Investment VP/Portfolio Mgr fired for racial incident in Central Park

applecruncher

SF VIP
White woman who called police on a black man bird-watching in Central Park has been fired
By Amir Vera and Laura Ly, CNN

Updated 4:21 PM ET, Tue May 26, 2020

(CNN)The white woman who called police on a black man in Central Park during an encounter involving her unleashed dog has been fired from her job, her employer said Tuesday.

"Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton," the company said on Twitter.

Amy Cooper was walking her dog Monday morning while Christian Cooper (no relation) was bird-watching at a wooded area of Central Park called the Ramble. They both told CNN their dispute began because her dog was not on a leash, contrary to the Ramble's rules, according to the park's website.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/central-park-video-dog-video-african-american-trnd/index.html

Why? ... She was abusing that poor animal by yanking it by the neck.

And it wasn't on a leash -- leash laws are for the safety of dogs as well as humans. You shouldn't have a dog if you are not going to follow laws for its safety and the safety of others.

My dog Henry and I were attacked by an unleashed dog in a park a few months ago. The dog was owned by a woman who didn't think the law should apply to her, even though there were signs all around that all dogs must be leashed.

It is mind boggling that people in esteemed positions are completely clueless and narcissistic to the point of their self demise.
I think someone used the perfect word - entitled.
When I was working I saw people who didn't work particularly hard slide into cushy positions and consider themselves invincible, inside & outside the workplace.

She was wrong by not restraining training her dog to begin and if she didn't want to be recorded she should not had been in public. Even 40 yreas ago it was legal to record anyone in public.
Her dog was choking its spoiled out of control self, which was also her fault for not training it.Some peopel should not own animals.

Back