Is "forcing" positions on other members a valid view?

Cliff Clavin (the mailman) was more opinionated than Norm. Norm was probably the most amiable character in that show and was usually more focused on his next beer than anything else.

I wouldn't have respected your neighbor's opinion because there's nothing about racism that should be respected.
Yes..now that you say it, you are right about Cliff and Norm. My mistake..I was not a regular viewer.

Though I abosultely share your feelings about womens' rights, just the words, "...policing the internet...." give me the heebs.
We'll have to watch it, because even intolerance of all kinds, including those not agreeing with us in whatever way, is a fact of life isn't it, and the tendency for others to join in whenever someone might feel offended leads to a whole new ball game.

The man I mentioned having worked with in London, who had refused to use the tearoom facility for a number of years, did so I believe because work colleagues had "ganged up" on him. He'd been a bit feisty apparently with one of the young women working there, (so there was a cross over between, "equality" between the sexes, whether a man on a lower rung on the ladder could speak his mind and so on, even without any aspects concerning race came into it!).

Would like to thank members for thinking about this subject and posting their thoughts herein as it may sometimes improve member's choice of wording on more controversial issues.

Would like to thank members for thinking about this subject and posting their thoughts herein as it may sometimes improve member's choice of wording on more controversial issues.
A vain hope I'd guess that one, (most of us don't think before posting do we?),…........, and just for fun, I'll throw in a "father's rights" anecdote to liven proceedings up for everyone!

I remember a case where the words "vain hope", were used before, as in those government appointed court officials assisting those unfairly excluding a dad said in their report/reports that they hoped in time contact between the father and child would be reestablished, (contact they'd decided to not lift a finger to prevent being broken in the first place of course, given every opportunity, "a nice touch that one"!).

Any yes, "before anyone jumps in", that story is well and truly about me, (and my family/former family)!

Is "forcing" positions on other members a valid view?
Folks get a bit touchy when a subject hits close to home
Taking things personal, and sometimes out of context, sets a stage of fractured dialogue
Sometimes the world seems empty of care, valid or not
Remind me, "have you ever been known to hold back on speaking up regardless" (?)! :)

Have you ever wondered what the internet would be like if it were impossible to be anonymous? Suppose your real name and location were visible to everyone. I suspect interactions would be much more civil and fake information much rarer.
I think anonymity brings out the worst in people. And, yes, that's my real ugly face.
Whilst I agree, and I would go further in saying any kind of communication that is not face to face has the potential to bring out the worst in us, (even where there is no real intention to offend).
Its more a case of things getting misconstrued or misunderstood, (with the added complication or possibility some comments look worse when written down don't they!).

Back