Is hate harmful to the hater?

noooo...take that back...lol.. I like liver... but if you've ever had it overcooked then you would really dislike it...
I am with Dave here..I dislike liver.. even the smell of it..I used to ask my husband only to have it when we went out to eat so I didn't have to see or smell it..

I am with Dave here..I dislike liver.. even the smell of it..I used to ask my husband only to have it when we went out to eat so I didn't have to see or smell it..
I think you're part of the majority in hating liver... but really there are several different types.. and if you've been unlucky enough to get the type that's strongly flavoured and ..or overcooked, then your going to rightly dislike it..

For example Ox liver is very strong flavoured .. and not really tasty, and if it's overcooked.. which is a cardinal sin with liver ..then it would be revolting to eat...

Any liver overcooked is horrible.. but conversely if you had lambs liver or Calves liver and it was gently cooked.. you may have a different perspective..

I think you're part of the majority in hating liver... but really there are several different types.. and if you've been unlucky enough to get the type that's strongly flavoured and ..or overcooked, then your going to rightly dislike it..

For example Ox liver is very strong flavoured .. and not really tasty, and if it's overcooked.. which is a cardinal sin with liver ..then it would be revolting to eat...

Any liver overcooked is horrible.. but conversely if you had lambs liver or Calves liver and it was gently cooked.. you may have a different perspective..
We have been having calf's liver pan grilled in butter with onions. It actually tastes like a very tender steak.
My apologies to anyone offended by this post.

We have been having calf's liver pan grilled in butter with onions. It actually tastes like a very tender steak.
My apologies to anyone offended by this post.
oooh you're right it's absolutely delicious.... .. I also like lambs liver but some people find it too sweet. I cook calves liver with onions, and I cook lambs liver and chop it up into bite size pieces along with chopped bacon, and add it to Mac & Cheese.. sometimes even just Pasta alone with a tomato sauce.. onions bacon and liver.. and no cheese.. it's really tasty

Ox liver is what's usually served ( at least in the past ) in school lunches.. tough, overcooked and bitter.. and is what put most people off liver for life..

oooh you're right it's absolutely delicious.... .. I also like lambs liver but some people find it too sweet. I cook calves liver with onions, and I cook lambs liver and chop it up into bite size pieces along with chopped bacon, and add it to Mac & Cheese.. sometimes even just Pasta alone with a tomato sauce.. onions bacon and liver.. and no cheese.. it's really tasty

Ox liver is what's usually served ( at least in the past ) in school lunches.. tough, overcooked and bitter.. and is what put most people off liver for life..
I'm not sure if we can get lamb's liver around here but Ill look.

I was having a discussion with my friend who said hate is necessary to combat evil in the world. I disagree and think one can do the right thing and recognize evil without feeling hate. What say you? Is hate ever necessary? I also say it harms us physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually...what do you think??

Hate is, largely, ignorance. It covers a multitude of logical fallacies and, frankly, juvenile thinking. One can dislike something, strongly so, but by the time you reach hate, you've essentially jumped the shark. Too often people jump directly to hate without ever traveled the roads in-between, which leaves great gaps in knowledge. Hate becomes a justification unto itself. Hate is an emotion, and big problems requires big thinking, absent emotion.

Of course, there are levels. But looking at modern day views, too often it's protest out of ignorance, and is nothing but a sad indictment of ourselves and how easily we are led emotionally.

3am now, after sleeping 5 hours, a bit of insomnia. Hate is not as black and white as members have commented though we all understand what they are saying. There is much on the web discussing hate especially hate versus anger.

Will address this more later. But for now will generally vaguely state, I love good and hate evil in this world.

I hate house flies. Especially aggressive big buzzing ones that have been crawling all over some dog's fresh steaming turd outside on the lawn and when someone opened the door shot in like a little robot with an evil purpose. And now has just landed on her Thanksgiving turkey all of us were about ready to eat. 😠

Ok, also hate cockroaches, black flies, and mosquitoes. But merely don't like as in avoid poison oak because such has no mind despite being dangerous to my body.
I hate all those bugs too...........they don't hate you back. If your blood type is O in fact, the mosquitoes love you.

I was having a discussion with my friend who said hate is necessary to combat evil in the world. I disagree and think one can do the right thing and recognize evil without feeling hate. What say you? Is hate ever necessary? I also say it harms us physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually...what do you think??
Spiritually it is Biblically wrong to hate, even ones enemies. I think it's okay to hate what someone stands for or to hate a particular quality someone possesses, but Hate is a very ugly word and a Group of Haters (mobs, gangs or any organized group)is not a group I would ever want to be in. Hate Crimes are so common in our culture and society today. Many based on bigotry and prejudice and rooted in "Ignorance". Thanks for asking, though.

Spiritually it is Biblically wrong to hate, even ones enemies. I think it's okay to hate what someone stands for or to hate a particular quality someone possesses, but Hate is a very ugly word and a Group of Haters (mobs, gangs or any organized group)is not a group I would ever want to be in. Hate Crimes are so common in our culture and society today. Many based on bigotry and prejudice and rooted in "Ignorance". Thanks for asking, though.
The Bible is not as black and white concerning hate as some might cherry pick. Regardless of how some Christian denominations claim God hates the act never the person. Not something otherwise stated in scripture and is a convenient perspective for churches seeking to change sinful new members. Consider the burned up evil wicked in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version

16 there are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Romans 1:18-32 New Living Translation of St. Paul's book that reflects what those leading followers in the Jesus era clearly felt. Read through verse 32 that will shock some.
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 1 - New International Version

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them.
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.

Last edited:
I hate all those bugs too...........they don't hate you back. If your blood type is O in fact, the mosquitoes love you.
Vinegar and water spray. The vinegar smell tapers but bugs hate it. It repels all bugs but attracts fruit flies. If you put a small saucer of Apple Cider Vinegar out, you’ll catch all fruit flies if needed. I did this at my parents house. My mom would leave banana peels everywhere.

The Bible is not as black and white concerning hate as some might cherry pick. Regardless of how some Christian denominations claim God hates the act never the person. Not something otherwise stated in scripture and is a convenient perspective for churches seeking to change sinful new members. Consider the burned up evil wicked in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version

16 there are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Romans 1:18-32 New Living Translation of St. Paul's book that reflects what those leading followers in the Jesus era clearly felt. Read through verse 32 that will shock some.
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 1 - New International Version

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them.
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
Thank goodness he sent his son to save all our sinful butts!

Back