Is the Delta variant causing you to rethink travel plans?

Brookswood

I have not changed anything yet. I don't fear Covid at this time since my vaccination still protects me for serious illness and death. But, if areas I want to visit decide to shut down then my plans will change.

Yes...but only because I am planning a trip to Florida, and things are not good there right now.
Odd, with all my travels around Florida, I'd have to say things and life are going along quite smoothly. But, you go ahead and worry about the 3 county reps, who declared this an emergency, and the media immediately pounced on the bandwagon. By the way, since Florida has 67 counties, maybe the reporting should have said "64 counties in Florida are fine". Naaaa, that will never happen.

Odd, with all my travels around Florida, I'd have to say things and life are going along quite smoothly. But, you go ahead and worry about the 3 county reps, who declared this an emergency, and the media immediately pounced on the bandwagon. By the way, since Florida has 67 counties, maybe the reporting should have said "64 counties in Florida are fine". Naaaa, that will never happen.
If the media reported that 64 counties are fine, no one would care, unless they found a way to sensationalize it.

I would look at some of the Covid maps that has each state divided into counties. Things vary a lot in my own state. My county is doing OK. The ones next to us are not doing as well, they have less vaccinations and more cases per 100,000 people. Some of the more rural counties are doing great, but others are high infection rates. One of the biggest farm counties is a hotbed of Covid. It is what it is.

Scroll down for the USA county map.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

I imagine it was written somewhere that this was not the weekend to fly to NY for a reunion. Between the Covid and tropical storm it’s a good thing we cancelled the visit. We both felt bad about it as we haven’t seen some members of the family in over two years. It is what it is and maybe it was meant to be. :confused:

I have a local trip of about 5 days scheduled for as soon as school starts. I want to avoid the last minute family vacation crowds we are now seeing. :) But, if Delta continues to march through my area, I may cancel it. Or I may modify it, so as to avoid as much human contact as possible outside of me and my fellow travelers.

Traveling by plane has been out since 9.11 and my heart issues.

Traveling by car is an issue due to crime such as car break-ins for some cities like SF. I did manage to eat out in a restaurant, still open and not requiring proof of vaccines, I'm fully vaccinated.

A lot of restaurants have closed in my area. Will be going to a Mexican restaurant this morning. Being a senior at this time is hard. So far my area is stable and law enforcement is very responsive, unlike some areas, around the country.

I avoid big crowded venues and going out at night. Many seniors in my area seem to be following the same pattern, and it works for us. My senior Center is open but no one feel like spending time there currently...

I would look at some of the Covid maps that has each state divided into counties. Things vary a lot in my own state. My county is doing OK. The ones next to us are not doing as well, they have less vaccinations and more cases per 100,000 people. Some of the more rural counties are doing great, but others are high infection rates. One of the biggest farm counties is a hotbed of Covid. It is what it is.

Scroll down for the USA county map.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html
:unsure::unsure:

Not this ole' packer. I have been on the road now for 21 days and it's still a couple of weeks until I return. I don't watch nor listen to the news which makes my life so much better.

Back