Is the Delta variant causing you to rethink travel plans?

Yes I will not fly to my sister's in Louisiana nor to my brother's in Miami. The covid numbers in both states are scary. My brother called from Miami telling me about several of their friends ill with the virus and that its not a good time to come to Florida. Or to La. either. I will not visit them for a long time. We talk on the phone quite a bit.

Doesn't look like we will travel for a while until my wife retires in April, travel remains questionable. My wife is not interested in international travel. I suppose that's ok but we haven't left the state in two years and I want to stretch my legs.

I would like to drive to Washington DC and board my car on Amtrak Auto-Train to Orlando and drive to Miami. Return to Orlando board car, to DC and drive home.

I'm sticking with car trips for the present. I did an almost-2700-mile road trip through 11 states this month.

I'm not flying unless I absolutely HAVE to, so international trips are out for the duration of Covid.

I'm still traveling in my mind, though. One of these days......

Delta put the final nail in the coffin of my trip plans. But, just regular covid was doing it because my trip was going to be to Africa. Unfortunately between one of the countries in the itinerary having been led by a leader who didn't order any vaccine and said they would fight it using prayer, and the other country being slow to get people vaccinated, plus I didn't really relish that I would have to get two covid tests during the travels (not counting pre-travel) and that they would cost $100 each -- just everything together discouraged me from going forward with my travel plan.
I am getting some yard-work use out of the dull olive jeans I had bought for the trip.

Back