It’s this hot in Texas today

Kimwhiz

This squirrel was laying on my deck on his belly trying to cool off. There is a creek full of water behind us so he’s not in danger of dehydration. Mind you, the dogs were walking around outside. One is a doxie and she would love to catch a squirrel. It keep a eye on them and darted off when they saw him and ran over. It was 101 yesterday. I told my husband I’m fine at 95 or so doing stuff outside but when it hits 100 it kills me. He mentioned maybe it’s because the temp reaches higher than our internal body temp. Makes sense. It sure was hot and I still went out. 😄😄

Attachments

• 9DA1FA8E-5822-4697-9096-901C39FA4246.jpeg
    9DA1FA8E-5822-4697-9096-901C39FA4246.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 14
Awww ... I remember the squirrels hanging around my yard on hot days in summers past. Too hot up in the trees for them I guess.
They rather be on the ground and deal with the dogs instead. :)... everyone is suffering in this heat.

Awww ... I remember the squirrels hanging around my yard on hot days in summers past. Too hot up in the trees for them I guess.
They rather be on the ground and deal with the dogs instead. :)... everyone is suffering in this heat.
I’ve never had a house with a stone deck. We just moved here. I thought he was dying or had rabies or something. I had to google ‘why do squirrels lay on their belly on your deck’. Lol. Talking about googling, you should see my google searches, ‘how do jellyfish have babies’, etc. lol

That's cool. You have to applaud squirrel intelligence to figure out how to use a cool slab. You mentioned weird google searches. Years ago, I use to have this squirrel around my place. I'd let my three cars out and he's be sitting on a branch. Cats & Squirrels don't get along nice. He wouldn't do anything. I'd walk outside, and he start jumping up and down, squeaking away at me. Somehow I irritated him, and he let me know about it. Turns out they can recognize people. Don't know what I did to irk him.

That's cool. You have to applaud squirrel intelligence to figure out how to use a cool slab. You mentioned weird google searches. Years ago, I use to have this squirrel around my place. I'd let my three cars out and he's be sitting on a branch. Cats & Squirrels don't get along nice. He wouldn't do anything. I'd walk outside, and he start jumping up and down, squeaking away at me. Somehow I irritated him, and he let me know about it. Turns out they can recognize people. Don't know what I did to irk him.
Lol. That is so funny! They are smart. They figured out the bird feeder really fast.

When it is REALLY HOT!!!
581013_10150957832101636_518721950_n.jpeg

I have been checking it, too. Today I am more than mad at the weather forecasters here in Houston. All I have been hearing this morning was, rain today. Clouded up several times and that was it. Thought I heard it raining and I got to the patio to enjoy and it was Jerry, the complex's maintenance man watering my lemon tree, ferns and banana plant for me. He was bringing my mail and saw I had not watered today and decided to take care of it for me. I appreciated it and it saved me getting out there in the heat. But I am still mad at the forecasters. Don't mess with us here in Texas about rain!! Sis in La. said the same. She has had to top her pool off every day. Poor, poor thing!

I have been checking it, too. Today I am more than mad at the weather forecasters here in Houston. All I have been hearing this morning was, rain today. Clouded up several times and that was it. Thought I heard it raining and I got to the patio to enjoy and it was Jerry, the complex's maintenance man watering my lemon tree, ferns and banana plant for me. He was bringing my mail and saw I had not watered today and decided to take care of it for me. I appreciated it and it saved me getting out there in the heat. But I am still mad at the forecasters. Don't mess with us here in Texas about rain!! Sis in La. said the same. She has had to top her pool off every day. Poor, poor thing!
I know! Rain in summer is a big big deal in Texas. It’s snuggle on the couch, get a book, make some chili time. One day to be cool and not feel guilty for doing nothing.....oh can’t do any chores outside it’s raining.....let’s rent some movies!

Should be 94 today. Going fishing with my huney. He’s off work today. Anyone ever fish with those already dead colored shad from Walmart all shrink wrapped. I’m so bad at picking bait and where and when to fish. I just know I love it.

OK, y'all, get this: At this minute, Austin, Texas, is the same temperature (97°F) as Death Valley, traditionally one of the hottest spots on Earth. I have a number of potential move-to cities on my phone, with their current temperatures and humidities. The only difference is Death Valley has 12% humidity, to Austin's 35%. We're planning on staying in Death Valley, at a very nice resort, sometime in the next two years. Hot and dry I can take, with enough Vaseline and ChapStick.

terry...earlier, the radar looked like we were going to get a gully washer... you know, red & yellow. Well, it stayed together and we just got a light rain, for which we are so thankful, of course, but not the normal "red & yellow". Hub says the atmosphere is so dry its not making it to the ground intact.

So agree with you about the weathermen in the Texas coastal area..."don't mess with Texas rain chances"!

OK, y'all, get this: At this minute, Austin, Texas, is the same temperature (97°F) as Death Valley, traditionally one of the hottest spots on Earth. I have a number of potential move-to cities on my phone, with their current temperatures and humidities. The only difference is Death Valley has 12% humidity, to Austin's 35%. We're planning on staying in Death Valley, at a very nice resort, sometime in the next two years. Hot and dry I can take, with enough Vaseline and ChapStick.

Death Valley gets a bad rap. It's beautiful ... We have been there a couple times, and it is a wonderful place to visit. You'll enjoy their resorts, and the entire area..

It was hotter than that in California on Labor day - 105. We had 13 people over for dinner. I had 2 new central air conditioners installed a couple of months ago. I had both running for all 3 floors. The coolest the temp got in the house was 77.

Back