It's About Time

e30dd33a554b84ec7eaa6890d76b22cb--old-games-clock-ideas.jpg

She's a real treasure. I loved the soliloquy on Jewish humor. She should loose those glasses, but you don't say that to a woman who is 102.
She fielded a loaded question: If you could go back in time, what would you do differently?" She said she would make totally different decisions about her marriages, her career, etc.
I would do that as well, ASSUMING ( this part is big) that I knew then what I know now. I don't mean knowing how things would turn out, but assuming that I was smarter about life and knew more about people, myself and the world. Then I would make completely different decisions.

I tend to think that if I went back, if I were only armed with the information I had when I made the original decisions, I'd probably make the same ones again. I don't think any of us make lousy decisions while knowing at the time that they are lousy decisions. At least I didn't. And who knows -- maybe the opposite decision would have turned out to be even lousier than the one made.

After all, one decision, particularly a major one -- career, marriage, etc. -- isn't just one isolated decision like what to have for dinner. Major decisions have a ripple effect (i.e., the butterfly effect) which change the whole tenor of everything a person does thereafter.

I feel time began when the sun and moon were created. Timekeeping however has evolved, is complicated, and spans cultural understandings, biology, and physics. The link below simplifies it all.

"The human mind has long grappled with the elusive nature of time: what it is, how to record it, how it regulates life, and whether it exists as a fundamental building block of the universe. This timeline traces our evolving understanding of time through a history of observations in CULTURE, PHYSICS, TIMEKEEPING and BIOLOGY."

Here is a link to a timeline of how timekeeping has evolved. It's very easy to understand, fascinating, and includes visuals as well.
https://www.quantamagazine.org/what...-physics-biology-clocks-and-culture-20200504/

unnamed.jpg

Back