It's the heart of the matter. Loving others.

MarciKS

Tired of being treated like crap here.
27.jpg

How many times throughout our lives and our days do we or have we judged someone and never really given them a chance? How many times have we chosen hate over love? How many times have we criticized someone rather than trying to understand them?

This thread is about loving others. Let's act together to share kindness and love here.

kindness9648754_lrg.jpg

In this day and age kindness is becoming harder to find. It is such a simple task yet many choose to be cruel and unkind. As you go about your day...think about how you interact with others. How they interact with you. Perhaps something that might make an interaction with someone better would be a simple smile. Someone could have a bad day and your smile might be the only high point of their day.

kindness.jpg

Not everyone is a hugger. I happen to be a hugger. I honestly believe that a hug can heal so much pain. Before this virus of course...how many people did you see hugging each other? For me it is an expression of warmth and caring. I have had a terrible time without this form of affection in the past few months. I am hurting because of it. Sometimes it's the little things that can do so much for others.

Judging others is something I never embarked upon in my life, always was and always have been accepting of whomever and however others were/are, and I believe it makes us better people.

There was a man who suffered a hard life, he battled with schizophrenia for decades, destroying his life, but with each and every passing, I always made a point of acknowledging him, talking for a minute with him, and getting to know his name, when no others knew.

He's gone now, passed away, and I will never forget how his eyes would light up whenever he'd see me. I like to think I was a glimmer of warm sunlight in his life on his most dreary of days, and it cost me not a thing other than a few minutes of time out of my day.

View attachment 106743

Not everyone is a hugger. I happen to be a hugger. I honestly believe that a hug can heal so much pain. Before this virus of course...how many people did you see hugging each other? For me it is an expression of warmth and caring. I have had a terrible time without this form of affection in the past few months. I am hurting because of it. Sometimes it's the little things that can do so much for others.
Oh yes, so am I. Hugs go a long, long way.

angry_face_1170.jpg

Is this how you want the world to view you? Do you think anyone will ever want to be kind to that face? There are people who walk around in this state all the time. I can't begin to imagine how miserable their lives are. I worked with a lady who pretty much always looked like this. One day I began to give her one of these:
shutterstock_118972231.jpg
She now returns my smile with one of her own. Sometimes all people need is a little nudge to the joy that is waiting for them.

It's too easy to judge someone with criticism and put their status in a tidy category and say it's a done deal.
Trying to understand them with loving kindness opens us up to being vulnerable ourselves.
It's a trust issue. I'm not very good at trusting but I am getting better at it. I think.
But it is through understanding that kindness can be achieved. If someone doesn't understand why so and so is the way they are...usually they've never taken the time to understand or they don't care. When you don't understand someone it is too easy to just judge them at face value.

two_people_talking.jpg
For me I see a lot of judgement on new employees. Whether it stems from the newbie or the ones that have been there forever. People are so unwilling to give others a chance. It has taken me 3 yrs at this new job to finally receive some forms of kindness that weren't totally absent before. It made fitting in very difficult.

It's easy to be kind to people who deserve kindness.

The difficulty is being kind to those who don't...….
This is true. But not impossible. Sometimes you have to just look past it and do what you normally would do with others that are kind? Does that make sense?

Back