Johnny Cash Only

Amazing. Unfortunately I can’t watch this entire video as I’d quickly run out of data but I have to admit that he could still sing and play that guitar better than he could walk and talk. I think this is inspirational and not one time too many. Way to go Johnny! 0DE37434-E345-4348-B514-8CF225039937.jpeg This is such a sweet picture of the handsome couple

His life story is frightening. He tried real hard to kill himself with drugs as did a lot of the old country western singers. Waylon Jennings was and is my favorite. The fact that Willie Nelson is till kicking is a small miracle.

The Night I Met Johnny Cash by Thomas J McCabe

"In November, 1992 the Hartford, Connecticut area punk rock band that I was a member of played an early gig at a local bar then the band's manager and I headed to the Garde Arts Center in New London, Connecticut to catch a show by my musical idol Johnny Cash."

"Ever since I was twelve years old when my Father took me to a Johnny Cash concert at Hartford, Connecticut's Bushnell Theater Johnny Cash has been my favorite entertainer. After I mentioned to our now-deceased manager that Johnny Cash was playing in New London she surprised me by suggesting that we take a trip there to see and hear Mr. Cash in person. After hearing her suggestion I was thrilled and we set out for the coastal city of New London".

"The Garde Arts Center is a wonderfully restored theater with a seating capacity of 1,400 +. With its art deco-like Moroccan design The Garde' is an elegant and comfortable venue at which to enjoy a concert.

"Our manager Diana and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the concert. During the show Mr. Cash played many of his classic hits as well several of his newer songs. The audience was enthusiastic and appreciative of Johnny Cash's performance and a good time was had by all.

"When the concert was finished Diana and I decided to see if we could get Mr. Cash's autograph by positioning ourselves near the back stage doors where his tour buses and equipment trucks were parked.

"It took us a while to find the appropriate area and when we got there Mr. Cash and company were just starting to board the tour bus.
Diana and I were just a few yards away from Johnny Cash's tour bus when it pulled away from the curb and started to drive away. To be honest I don't remember who said it but somebody in the small crowd of people gathered near the bus said that Mr. Cash and crew were headed to a nearby Raddison Hotel.

"When I heard that the bus was headed there I looked over at Diana and suggested that we also head over to the Raddison Hotel.
After a man in the crowd told us how to get there we set out for the nearby Raddison Hotel. When we arrived at the hotel a few minutes later we could see Johnny Cash's tour bus parked out front.

"Looking through the front doors of the hotel we could see a small crowd of people gathered in the lobby. Guessing that the crowd had something to do with Johnny Cash, Diana and I entered the hotel lobby.

"Sure enough, standing in the center of the crowd of fans and reporters was none other than Mr.Johnny Cash. There were several people including some reporters standing around him. There were probably about 30 people in total assembled near him but I decided that I was going to try to meet Johnny Cash.

"Politely yet somewhat boldly I made my way through the crowd until I was standing only a couple of feet away from my musical idol.
Realizing that I had to act quickly I waited until someone else stopped speaking with Mr. Cash then I looked him in the eye and said "Hello, Mr. Cash". Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what he said but Johnny Cash did acknowledge me.

"From what I remember I thanked him for the great show that he just put on and mentioned the show that my Father took me to when I was young. Although I don't remember what was said I do remember talking with The Man In Black for half a minute or so then asking him for his autograph.

"The only thing I could find for Mr. Cash to autograph was one of two paper flyers in my pocket advertising my band's show from earlier that evening. Mr. Cash signed the back of one of the flyers and without thinking I asked him if he wanted to keep the other flyer. To this day I still can't believe that he kept the flyer and I wonder if he looked at it.

"The whole exchange with Johnny Cash lasted for approximately one minute but I'll remember it for the rest of my life. It's quite an interesting experience to be able to meet your musical idol and I'm very grateful to have had the chance to experience such an event."

Sources :*
Personal experience with meeting Johnny Cash
Published by*Thomas J McCabe

Even the “Man in Black” made New Year’s resolutions. This handwritten list was auctioned in 2011 for $6,400!

One of the interesting things about this list is how delightfully simple some of Cash’s goals were. Numbers 5 and 6 in particular can be accomplished with ease several times a day.

It’s a great reminder to all of us that it’s important to set small goals alongside our larger ones. Achieving our small goals helps us gain the confidence we need to tackle the big ones.

Johnny Cash also included piano practice on this list. Cash was famous for singing and playing the guitar, but this list shows that he wasn’t satisfied with just those skills.

Johnny-Cash-new-years-resolutions.jpg

Back