Just saying hello to all

Her name is Bambi, a tuxedo cat.
One of those lives somewhere in the neighborhood here, I'm not sure where. It comes around but is generally skittish, moving on with a purpose.

For some reason this past Summer the cat tried to get past me into the house. Then a week later, I think, it came near mewing and looking at me and then rolled over on its back. Not sure how to respond I said something, then turned back to what I was doing. Cat got up, walked in a loose circle, then sauntered off.

Stomach ache? Cat flirting? I still have no idea what that was all about.

One of those lives somewhere in the neighborhood here, I'm not sure where. It comes around but is generally skittish, moving on with a purpose.

For some reason this past Summer the cat tried to get past me into the house. Then a week later, I think, it came near mewing and looking at me and then rolled over on its back. Not sure how to respond I said something, then turned back to what I was doing. Cat got up, walked in a loose circle, then sauntered off.

Stomach ache? Cat flirting? I still have no idea what that was all about.
Usually if a kitty rolls on its back in front of you, the cat feels pretty safe with you. From the internet " Cats roll on their back when they are feeling playful, itchy, or in need of a good stretch. Sometimes the rolling is accompanied by purring, rubbing its head against the floor, and meowing. No matter the reason why your cat is rolling on its back, this movement is often a positive signal."

Love peonies too but boy, do they attract a lot of ants. I'm always telling my husband, shake out the peonies before you bring them in. By the way, the peonies are situated around the condo building, but since hubby helps around the building, he can pick a few for us.
I adore peonies. Those ants eat off the waxy stuff off the buds so they can open, but yes, shake them before bringing them in. How I miss my peonies from years ago.

I adore peonies. Those ants eat off the waxy stuff off the buds so they can open, but yes, shake them before bringing them in. How I miss my peonies from years ago.
The ants also eat aphids that get on the peonies. My mom loved peonies, and there were always ants crawling around on them. I was worried that the ants were eating the peonies, but she said they were beneficial because the ants ate the aphids, and the aphids ate the flowers.

This is a picture from the mid 1950’s, so it is not the best quality, but you can see some of Mom’s peonies blooming In our yard.

IMG_5811.jpeg

The ants also eat aphids that get on the peonies. My mom loved peonies, and there were always ants crawling around on them. I was worried that the ants were eating the peonies, but she said they were beneficial because the ants ate the aphids, and the aphids ate the flowers.

This is a picture from the mid 1950’s, so it is not the best quality, but you can see some of Mom’s peonies blooming In our yard.

View attachment 323054
That's a nice large display!

Back