Keep the Children Away

Ok, I hope I have this right! First, there was a St. Nicholas. Seems he was a bishop in Asia Minor(now Turkey). The present Santa Claus idea came from a Mark Twain poem, "Twas The Night Before Christmas". The idea of a Santa with red clothes, big beard, etc. was invented by the Coca Cola company years ago. Having a Mrs. Santa is either being politically correct or try to compete with sky diving Elvis Presleys. The choice is yours. If you believe in Santa Claus, then you'll believe in anything. Pure fantasy or pure bull! The choice is yours.

“Twas The Night Before Christmas,”
also called "A Visit from St. Nicholas"

Though its author is disputed, with the poem being attributed to both Clement Clarke Moore and Henry Livingston Jr. over the years, it was definitely first published on Dec. 23, 1823 in the Troy Sentinel newspaper in upstate New York.

“Twas The Night Before Christmas,”
also called "A Visit from St. Nicholas"

Though its author is disputed, with the poem being attributed to both Clement Clarke Moore and Henry Livingston Jr. over the years, it was definitely first published on Dec. 23, 1823 in the Troy Sentinel newspaper in upstate New York.
Thanks for the info. So many facts, so many facts, facts. Ah! The Information Age! The Information Explosion! Help.

👀🎄🎁so nothing under your tree then john ……….lol
I REALLY HOPE NOT! In some of my former lives, I used to buy stuff. Over the last few years I have sold or given much of it away. About 2 years ago, we sold our last home. We made several trips to a local charity shop & gave away a lot of "stuff". There were record albums, tools, household things too.

When you get older who needs all that junk. It just costs money to buy, then it costs time & money to maintain & finally you have to get rid of it when you move. About buying today; I like to think I have it all & don't want anything else. I have 3 good meals daily, library books to read, Roku TV to watch in the evening, the outdoors for a walk & this computer where I spend about an hour/day. We have a 50 inch TV.

What is the point of running to Costco to fight the crowds to buy a 70 inch TV. Isn't 50 BIG enough. I remember watching Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street with my kids on a 12 inch Black & White TV & we were all so happy. North Americans aren't finding real happiness by following advertisers to shop, shop & shop.

Real happiness comes from having time for friends, time to read, time for a walk, time to read a great book & time to take a nap when you feel tired. No, Virginia there may be a Santa Claus for you but for me I really hope that he misses my home. He can take his Chinese consumer stuff elsewhere!

My dad had unique penmanship so he signed the gifts from Santa in bold red ink in a manner that looked like Santa had to hurry because of his heavy schedule. All the gift from "Mom& Dad" were I blue ink. I always saw that as something extra he did to make my "Santa Christmas years" that much more exciting. I don't recall what age I was when I learned the ugly truth. As long as kids continue to believe then he does in fact exist, does he not?

My parents didnt even gave us a chance to even fantasize about Santa. They really informed us Santa ain't real and we aren't expecting gifts from our parents since childhood on Christmas ahaha

Back