King Charles III, his fascinating life

The face of grief, as the Queen's coffin makes it's way to her final resting place at Windsor Castle

62568959-11227223-image-a-45_1663587650368.jpg

Here’s what King Charles wrote in a final personal note to Queen Elizabeth
AA1205Bb.img

"As Queen Elizabeth II’s coffin made its way from Westminster Abbey to St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on Monday, a white note could be seen nestled amid crown jewels and a richly symbolic floral spray."

"It was a goodbye message from King Charles III, the queen’s eldest son and heir, that simply read: “In loving and devoted memory. Charles R.”

"The note showed that Charles has begun to use “R” for “Rex” — Latin for “king” — the initial typically used by the sovereign when signing off correspondence. Queen Elizabeth signed off as “Elizabeth R.” for “Regina,” or queen."

"Personal notes on coffins of those who have public funerals have been an unofficial tradition in the royal family for decades. The queen previously left notes atop the coffins of her mother, Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, who died in 2002, and her husband, Prince Philip, who died last year."

oh! I was not being disrespectful that would be unkind especially in this forum, heck I may even get the boot. But in the case of a normal death and not an assassination normal grieving is welcome, all this crap about cutting out anyone of the family for 'cause' is truly stoopid..imom...hey

oh! I was not being disrespectful that would be unkind especially in this forum, heck I may even get the boot. But in the case of a normal death and not an assassination normal grieving is welcome, all this crap about cutting out anyone of the family for 'cause' is truly stoopid..imom...hey
That is what the Ignore button is for. Speaking of which ...

Why Princess Anne Doesn’t Shake Hands with the Public

Her reasoning sticks with royal tradition.

"If you’re ever lucky enough to find yourself at a royal walkabout (an event where the royal family goes around and interacts the public), don’t expect a handshake from Princess Anne. It’s not that she doesn’t want to greet people; it’s just that she likes to stick with tradition"

"In the HBO documentary, Queen of the World, Anne says that one of the things that have changed over the years is that members of the royal family will now shake people’s hands."

“We never shook hands,” Princess Anne says in the documentary. “The theory was that you couldn’t shake hands with everybody, so don’t start. So I kind of stick with that, but I noticed others don’t.” (Read More)

annual-garden-party-hillsborough-castle-uk-04-sep-2018-scaled.jpg

09/23/2022

30b9dab4-Getty_KingCharles.jpg

"Nick Bullen is an award-winning documentarian who has been producing programs about the British royal family for 20 years and has worked closely with King Charles for about a decade."

"I think the king has been remarkable," said Bullen. "His speech to the nation was impeccable. It was absolutely pitch-perfect. And you know, the way that he and the rest of the royal family operated throughout this whole period has been nothing short of a master class in how to exemplify the queen’s work in terms of duty and service. He is now in Balmoral [where the queen passed] to have some quiet time, to reflect and gather his thoughts. He’s been supporting the nation, guiding the nation and welcoming world leaders from across the globe. But he now needs his private time to mourn. He needs this time to reflect on this loss. Up until now, he had to share his grief with the rest of the world."

Balmoral: Scotland’s Most Famous House
image_thumb14_thumb.png

The original Balmoral, before any additions, shown on the River Dee.

image_thumb%25255B15%25255D.png

The original Balmoral from the River Dee.

image_thumb22_thumb.png

1850: Prince Albert added on to the old Balmoral. New rooms were built over the conservatory including a dressing-room for the Prince and a room for Princess Helena and her governess. New offices are seen on right.

"Over the many years, Balmoral had been added on to several times, but it was still much too small for the Royals who had nine children, many servants, and an endless parade of visitors. In 1856 the old castle was demolished after the new one, which was designed by William Smith and the Prince himself, was erected. Room was made to accommodate a total of 120 guests and staff!"

"The architectural style is called Scots Baronial and it is quite regal and romantic at the same time with its large keep and the attached turreted country house. Critics thought the castle looked like it belonged more in Albert’s German homeland than in Scotland."

(READ MORE)

"King Charles III's new monogram was revealed Tuesday as the official period of mourning for his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, came to a close. The emblem, known as the king's cypher, will appear on government buildings, state documents and some post boxes in the coming months and years."

"It features the initial C intertwined with the letter R for Rex, the Latin word for king. The Roman numeral III sits in the center of the R and a crown hovers above the letters."

TOPSHOT-BRITAIN-ROYAL-KING-CYPHER

Back