Knitting

390A3108-D880-4A26-B79F-062E85833A4D.jpeg
I am pretty much a small project knitter. I this is a basket weave (started as a scarf but morphed into a shawl ) made of earthy Irish Donegal wool. I like to find the stitch that matches the yarn

View attachment 109181
I am pretty much a small project knitter. I this is a basket weave (started as a scarf but morphed into a shawl ) made of earthy Irish Donegal wool. I like to find the stitch that matches the yarn
That’s a gorgeous pattern and those two colours together look great on you. A kaki green and autumn rust colour compliment your complexion.
Do you use fancy shawl pins? There are some really fancy clips for shawls these days.

@Treacle Glory...Glory. There's knitters, and crocheters. Your pieces are beautiful!!!!!!
I knit and crochet as well, but i will admit i haven't done that in a while. Also do cross stitch, and most all handwork, and sew.
Nothing better than what we can make by hand. @CinnamonSugar Love the basket weave and the color and yarn, looks great.
@Keesha I've seen those pins before, but didn't know what they were for. Super idea.

That’s beautiful work Treacle. How long does it take you to do something like this and do you follow a pattern? How long have you been knitting for?
Always follow a pattern and I think about a month for each one. Been knitting since I was young. My grandmother was always knitting. Thank you for your kind words. :)

Started knitting when I was very young with round lolly sticks and string (the make do and mend era) !! My grandmother raised me and she was a brilliant knitter.
She must have been a good woman.
Never seen those before they're lovely. Some of the metal ones remind me of hat pins???:)
I agree and believe they are interchangeable. They are a nice added piece of class & elegance.
Always follow a pattern and I think about a month for each one. Been knitting since I was young. My grandmother was always knitting. Thank you for your kind words. :)
My pleasure. While I never knit or crocheted much, my mother knit quite a bit and my in-laws are amazing at crocheting. I’ve got many items gifted me over the years that have been made for me. My mother in law especially was very good.
My sister in law made me some hats with a hole in the back for my hair bun since It’s so big and would get in the way. They fit so well and I was thrilled to get them.
CinnamonSugar your knitting projects are beautiful. I can crochet better than knit. I never could correct my mistakes when knitting and there were many. lol
Keesha I never heard of a shawl pin and especially like the turtle.
Thats me minus the crocheting good part. I could do neither well. If I made a mistake I was unable to detect it until a few rows of stitches were done so my projects became tedious to say the least but I’ve always had great appreciation for other people’s skills. The turtle is adorable. I’ve made a few similar things with my scroll saw and lathe.

Despite trying many times to learn to knit, I simply cannot manage it for some reason. I personally think knitting is more delicate looking than crochet. I've crocheted hundreds of items, and find it relaxing. Have done a lot of needlework as well.

Love the baby shawls - they're absolutely beautiful.

Oops attached a wrong file so there are 2 of the same

Once I had looked closely and realized that, myself,
I'd assumed you'd done it on purpose, in order to show the close-up of the stitch patterns....
which it does very nicely, and I enjoyed seeing both of the pics of that same baby shawl! :giggle:

More shawls. Running out of patterns and once I've achieved the pattern I get bored repeating it. I think I like the challenge. Still have a couple of new patterns so occupied for a while. :D

Attachments

• DSCF0605.JPG
    DSCF0605.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0606.JPG
    DSCF0606.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0607.JPG
    DSCF0607.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0608.JPG
    DSCF0608.JPG