Ladies: What's up with the bare legs?

Well Holly sure is.

Well, I'm just old fashioned. I know is modern society it's "wrong". On the other hand, I can't change who I am. There are lots of really strong women, intelligent, forceful, etc. I get it. The old Male/Female dynamic has changed.

That said, I like a woman to embrace her feminine side. Rather than fight against feminine things, enjoy them. Dresses, skirts, long hair. I'm a dinosaur. I get it. Even saying such things insults people. But I am what I am. :)

I haven’t worn a hosiery since 1997, when I worked at MD Department of the Environment. I stopped wearing dresses in the winter, as well. I’m not the most graceful of a woman on this planet and every damn day I had a runner! Jeans, leggings or sweats for winter. Jean or bike shorts, capris and dresses for summer. I’ve been extremely disappointed in how Levi’s went by the wayside—no longer a USA staple—they were my thing. My older lived Levi’s became my cutoff shorts.

So, for the past few years I've been trying to figure out why many women of all ages don't wear hosiery (e.g. pantyhose, tights) with dresses and skirts anymore. It's one thing to go bare-legged in the summer and wear sandals, but having bare legs in an office environment or at a formal gathering looks tacky to me, especially in the dead of winter if you live in a cold climate. Stuffing one's sweaty, sticky bare feet into a pair of close-toed pumps can't be very hygienic. It's just...well....icky.

Opinions?
I can’t speak for others but I personally dislike panty hose. For myself I find them very unhygienic. Panty hose are often too tight and don’t allow enough air flow. If I absolutely had to I’d wear stockings . As far as putting a bare foot into pumps.? That’s just as uncomfortable. Plus I don’t wear pumps; especially not at this age.

After an attack at school, I began using the second uniform permanently, the pants one.

At work it was casual so pants again.

With long dresses, summer type maxis, the only time was my wedding dress. Otherwise, the static electricity makes the skirt cling to my legs, so nope, bare legs better and I've small stocking just for the feet in my shoes.

Now, that I don't need to shave anymore, the hairs have paled and reduced to one or two patches, it'd be too hot in warm summer weather. I rarely wear skirts above the knees since school...

They are not the most comfortable things. When I was young, I liked to wear tights that matched my dress if I wore one.

Haven't worn a dress in years. I wear bermuda length shorts in the summer.

Photo I took by accident while loading a camera back in 1979:

leg.jpg

Forgot to put the lens cap on when I advanced the film. But you probably wouldn't see most young people dressing for a party like that today.

Back