Lady driver texting, blocking the entrance to car park

Bretrick

As I approached and turned into a supermarket car park I was confronted by a large 4x4 slowly coming towards me, not on her side of the entrance, in the middle, no way for me to enter.
What riled me was she was looking down texting, oblivious to what was going on around her.
If I had not blasted my horn she would have ran into me.
I stared at her, she had to back up and move over to the correct side. :rolleyes:
All a got from her was a blank stare.

As I approached and turned into a supermarket car park I was confronted by a large 4x4 slowly coming towards me, not on her side of the entrance, in the middle, no way for me to enter.
What riled me was she was looking down texting, oblivious to what was going on around her.
I stared at her, she had to back up and move over to the correct side. :rolleyes:
is it illegal there to text and drive like it is here ?... it still doesn't stop those who feel that theirs and other peoples lives are less important than a post on Facebook.. but it prevents many who might have otherwise.. I get mad when I see people texting and driving.. but another one altho' less dangerous but just as annoying was today.. in the supermarket , a woman pushing a trolley, and talking on her phone at the bread aisle, where no-one could get to anything because she was blocking the bread etc.. and just carrying on her conversations oblivious to people trying to reach for the bakery items..

Of course all you got was a blank stare. She's an idiot. She shouldn't be behind the wheel. Seriously I can't believe we don't have more accidents with cell phones. I'm sure glad you didn't get hit.

Up the road from me is gated houses. I can usually tell what cars come out of that area though the ungated houses are really nice also. Some huge vehicle passed by me yesterday. Met her at the light. Of course. And she was clearly looking down at her phone. Well, at least she was stopped.

@hollydolly I call them cart bullies. They are horrible at Goodwill thrift stores.

Reckon you met one of God's most stupid people. Unfortunately, she has a lot of friends.

It is against the law here in BC to do anything with a cell phone while driving! It has caused some strange events, like the guy who stopped right in the middle of the lane to answer his phone. Most people pull over. The cell phone is the bane of this century!

is it illegal there to text and drive like it is here ?... it still doesn't stop those who feel that theirs and other peoples lives are less important than a post on Facebook.. but it prevents many who might have otherwise.. I get mad when I see people texting and driving.. but another one altho' less dangerous but just as annoying was today.. in the supermarket , a woman pushing a trolley, and talking on her phone at the bread aisle, where no-one could get to anything because she was blocking the bread etc.. and just carrying on her conversations oblivious to people trying to reach for the bakery items..
Yes it is.
Offence - Touching or holding a mobile phone while not in a cradle to make, receive or end a voice call. ; Penalty $500, 3 Demerit points.

I applaud the phenomenal technology that went into mobile phones, but sadly in the hands of gormless people they are a danger to innocent bystanders. The world is so much safer because I haven't got one. 😊

After my episode with the guy , who cut me off, then drove @24 mph for miles in a 45 mph zone. I was stopped for a light, the opposite side began to move. In that lane, there was a woman, who I assume was talking on the phone, going down the road, all the while gesturing madly with both hands off the steering wheel.
I admit I do stupid things, but these idiots are out there.

Back