Lamb sure is expensive

I love lamb but only buy it occasionally when it's on sale at the market. My preference is to buy it locally from the guy up the road from me who raises lamb; it's delicious but so expensive.

I raised sheep when we moved to NY and hoped my family would like lamb, and they did- but I only buy Australian Lamb because it is almost as good as what I raised.
I am hoping to cook lamb chops on the grill for Easter, if it gets warm enough. It sure is expensive.

I buy lamb all the time from Kroger supermarket (Simple Truth), and it is American lamb. I buy lamb sirloins or lamb chops, they also have cuts for stew. Always tastes delicious, my husband will grill it over charcoal. It's expensive Deb, but you can afford it, splurge once in a while. ;)

I like lamb, but I eat it very seldom. There are so many people who eat lamb as the Jews and the Moslems, so everybody shall find his/her own taste.

I like lamb, but I eat it very seldom. There are so many people who eat lamb as the Jews and the Moslems, so everybody shall find his/her own taste.
Hey George, my dad once came out of a bar and someone handed him a dead groundhog they just had shot. My dad brought it home, my mom skinned, dressed, and cooked the meat. I remember it tasting like pork. We had relatives from NYC staying over at the time. It was a hoot.

I can't stand to smell lamb cooking, so never cooked it and don't eat it. In fact, I no longer buy any red meat. Apparently, that's very good for my wallet.
I'm not impressed with red meat, the quality is down, the price is up, and the fat content is 3X that of poultry. I only buy it every other Blue Moon to appease DW.
I've never bought lamb, not available locally. My brother cooked some lamb on his BBQ, it was bloody rare but I thought it tasted OK.

Lamb chops at Sam's club don't seem expensive to me.
Member's Mark New Zealand Lamb Loin Chops Tray (priced per pound)
CURRENT PRICE: $5.98/LB

That is for center cut with the filet.

Couldn't access the other two. I did think the wording with the picture in this one was hilarious.
It said " we like to keep our lambs happy".
I'm guessing happy right up until they are processed for consumption.
yes I suspect that's what it means.. but I understand why they say that because our farmers will tell you, that meat from any animal that is stressed, will taste bad... and it does...

All of you hit the point. How the (other) animals (since man is only an animal in my opinion, although others may disagree) are being brought up, is important. Cows, bulls, sheep, hens and all other animals for human use should be brought up as good as possible not to stress them.

Hey George, my dad once came out of a bar and someone handed him a dead groundhog they just had shot. My dad brought it home, my mom skinned, dressed, and cooked the meat. I remember it tasting like pork. We had relatives from NYC staying over at the time. It was a hoot.
I've never eaten a groundhog, since they are living some hundreads of miles south in the Alps, but I think that they taste well. You should eat your groundhog for the weather forecasts since he is not accurate telling you the time for spring. End the groundhog day!

Back