Lara's Artwork: Paintings, Sculpture, FoodArt, Photography, etc.

“There is no self-portrait of me.” Gustav Klimt. In a rare writing called “Commentary on a non-existent self-portrait”, he states “I have never painted a self-portrait. I am less interested in myself as a subject for a painting than I am in other people, above all women… There is nothing special about me. I am a painter who paints day after day from morning to night… Who ever wants to know something about me… ought to look carefully at my pictures.” - Gustav Klimt
iu
I love talented, humble people! This artist sounds like he's one. A friend of mine introduced me to Bob Ross's work decades ago. He could be seen on T.V. then. She used to watch him for the calming affect he had. I started watching him too figuring I could learn something but I found out I couldn't deal with using oils. I loved his demeanor, what he called happy accidents and even his afro but soon got tired of mountain and cabin scenes. His exceptional talent is undeniable. May he R.I.P.

I think this is the only oil pastel I've done. It was fun, easy, quick, and
the pastels are relatively inexpensive compared to oil pain and acrylic paint.
I started with a warm colored pastel paper.
It's fun to scribble and blend with your fingers....very freeing.

IMG_0082 copy.jpg

I think this is the only oil pastel I've done. It was fun, easy, quick, and
the pastels are relatively inexpensive compared to oil pain and acrylic paint.
I started with a warm colored pastel paper.
It's fun to scribble and blend with your fingers....very freeing.

View attachment 222396
Lovely stuff, Lara, with a bit more detail, you would see the cat licking it's lips. 😊

This is my first whimsical painting. I covered my signature since it was my whole name. I wasn't sure I wanted that online. I need to settle on a signature style.

My inspiration was from seeing a toy stuffed bird being auctioned on Ebay. I wish I would have purchased it now as it's part of my story. Well, not really...I don't need any stuffed stuff. I made it look a little more frazzled and added cherries on a branch to give him focus.

0-2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you palides. I typically paint with acrylic and sometimes try to make it look like oil paint. My Pink Dogwoods (in a vase) painting is an example of that.

But acrylic never achieves the warmth that oils can give you. I've never gotten into oils because of many reasons...harder to clean up, takes a long time to dry before you can move on, and more expensive.

This is a bad pic...looks so dull and fuzzy. I'll upgrade and edit later but you get this gist

IMG_1896.JPG

Thank you palides. I typically paint with acrylic and sometimes try to make it look like oil paint. My Pink Dogwoods (in a vase) painting is an example of that.

But acrylic never achieves the warmth that oils can give you. I've never gotten into oils because of many reasons...harder to clean up, takes a long time to dry before you can move on, and more expensive.

This is a bad pic...looks so dull and fuzzy. I'll upgrade and edit later but you get this gist

View attachment 330126
Beautiful painting Lara. I'm amazed that you got it so lifelike using acrylics. Years ago, I saw a woman painting with acrylics using something that let her move the paint around like oils. I forgot what she used now, but shortly after, I went to art supply stores, mentioned the product and nobody knew what I was talking about.

Thank you. The Potted Geranium is acrylic paint using a Pallete knife. But the townhouse row with the cat on the roof and crows on the high wire was the use of all pastels on a beige art paper. It was my only pastel and I really enjoyed the freedom of scribbles and smoothing them with my fingers.

Back