Lawrence Welk Show - "Farm Show" - 1971

Okay Jim. Turn off the bubble machine. :p
"Inside the historic William Penn Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh, you can see Lawrence Welk's original bubble machine. It was made by a Pittsburgh local and debuted at Welk's New Years Eve show at the William Penn Hotel in 1938."🎵🎶

iu
PAPITwelkbubbles_dickerson.jpg

My grandparents watched that show every Saturday evening. I watched it, but just couldn’t get into it, but I acted like I enjoyed it for their sake.

The music, skits, costumes and scenery all reflected Mr Welk's childhood and up-bringing. The red & white striped coats with straw hats & canes..... the gazebos with bands playing & barbershop groups singing, the horse-drawn buggies, along with the old mill stream came directly from a used "time machine" named Lawrence Welk! He was right up there with Ed Sullivan when it came to his awkward hosting of the show. But he was loved by generations, who found that lifestyle comforting and reassuring.

iu

And a one, and a two …"
iu
iu

"In 1971, after two decades on the air, ABC cancelled "The Lawrence Welk Show," a musical variety series led by the German-accented bandleader and accordionist Lawrence Welk."

"Welk had become famous for his "champagne music," so-called because fans likened it to drinking champagne – light and bubbly."

"Those bubbles were almost burst when Welk and his show were swept up in a series of mass cancellations that included series like "The Beverly Hillbillies," "Green Acres" and "Petticoat Junction" – shows that were not deemed hip or catering to urban viewers. However, Welk took his un-hip show into syndication, playing on for another decade, while attracting an even larger audience, as many as 30 million people a week. By the time his series ended its run in 1982, it was television's longest-running musical variety show."

Norma's Green Dress...😙
Song called Goofus...😁
In an English Country Garden...🥰
Sandy and Sally...Identical twins :unsure:...I mean Identical Fashions...😍
Bobby and Sissy reminded me of Green Acres...👨‍🌾💃
What a Wonderful World... Louis Armstrong classic...:)
A Bushel and a Peck...have not heard that for a very long time...🤩
Bye Bye Blackbird...👋
By Heck, Vaudeville...😀
Arthur Duncan, Tap Dancing Extraordinaire...🙃
Old McDonald's Farm animal impersonations...😆

Back