Leasing a car!

more gadgets to fail!!!
That's what I used to say back in 1989 when cars started coming standard with power windows. I was concerned that I'd be left in the rain with windows that wouldn't close when they didn't work. I also had concerns that an air bag would pop open & hurt me when there was no crash. Well, that has never happened. And the sky hasn't fallen, either. :)

more gadgets to fail!!!

That's for Sure! All these "gee whiz" electronics that have become commonplace in new cars is great....Until they Fails. The "code" readouts are supposed to tell the mechanic what is broke...but, if the problem is intermittent, good luck. If any of this stuff breaks down, after the warranty ends, the owner can expect the repair bill to Start at somewhere around $500, and go up from there. Personally, I think the best innovations that have appeared in cars over the past several decades are fuel injection and disc brakes. Most of this other stuff is more dedicated to "entertainment" than vehicle performance....and contributes to distracted drivers and accidents.

That's what I used to say back in 1989 when cars started coming standard with power windows. I was concerned that I'd be left in the rain with windows that wouldn't close when they didn't work. I also had concerns that an air bag would pop open & hurt me when there was no crash. Well, that has never happened. And the sky hasn't fallen, either. :)
That's true but it seems to cost a lot more money to keep the sky where it belongs. :(

The sensor/computer that monitors my vehicle's StabiliTrak system went on the blink and the cost to have it replaced was over $1,000.00. That's approx. 5% of the original purchase price of the vehicle for a component that does nothing mechanical to keep the vehicle running safely. I declined the service and have become used to the warm glow given off by the message light on the dashboard.

Worked at 2 dealerships in Texas that loved selling cars to folks after they stopped leasing them. Their commissions were great as the selling price was more than they started with. I know since I wrote their checks every month to them.

Ramsay is comparing leasing a car for twenty years?
He leaves out investing the money you wouof have to invest in an appreciable asset like your home. Pay off your mortgage instead?
He also leaves out tax situations if you own a business.
Like every thing else it depends. It's not cut and dry. Mileage driven for instance.
O.K. My present car is a wreck. Really old. Not worth fixing.
I don't have the cash to buy new. So I'm going to lease. Really I don't have a choice.

Back