Lets talk Toaster Ovens

old medic

We have a GE countertop convection oven that has seen a ton of use for the 20+ years we've had it. It still works, but the upper element has burnt out.
So I start looking and WOW... I paid less for my last full size stove than some of these things....
And the different functions....holy crap... rotisserie, air fry.. even dehydrate...
Any one have suggestions....

No help here. I've downsized several times in past 30 years so size has been most important factor. Depends on just how much counter space I'm willing to give it.

All I really want from one is to toast a slice of bread or cook or reheat a small casserole.

That looks to be a nice one, @MarciKS! And at a good price.
It's a brand that's most recommended too. Just because they throw on all those bells and whistles doesn't make it better.

I would like to find a decent toaster. I get these ones that toast one side and not the other so much or they toast the top half of the bread. I have to use the bagel setting and crank it to 4 if I don't want half toasted crunchy bread.

I bought an inexpensive toaster oven because no matter how good a housekeeper you are they get disgusting over time and should be replaced.

This approx. $50.00 Oster with convection works for me.
f093352c-4843-4342-9a58-626917723a60_1.eeea4ebcdf28d79c71a131e476c1544a.jpeg

My major complaint about toaster ovens, in general, is that you cannot use them to cook/reheat many frozen items in their original packaging or use Pyrex baking dishes safely.

We have a GE countertop convection oven that has seen a ton of use for the 20+ years we've had it. It still works, but the upper element has burnt out.
So I start looking and WOW... I paid less for my last full size stove than some of these things....
And the different functions....holy crap... rotisserie, air fry.. even dehydrate...
Any one have suggestions....
Have you tried looking up the model to see if GE parts has a replacement coil? Then if there is see if there is a you tube video on how to DIY to replace it?

Have you tried looking up the model to see if GE parts has a replacement coil? Then if there is see if there is a you tube video on how to DIY to replace it?
LMAO.... Yup Im that kinda guy... This ones had a ton of use, and the wife deserves a new one. besides I will use this one for powder coating bullets and small parts.

LMAO.... Yup Im that kinda guy... This ones had a ton of use, and the wife deserves a new one. besides I will use this one for powder coating bullets and small parts.
That kind of guy as in not a DIY. When you were surprised by the price of what we have

Breville Smart Oven Air with Super Convection​

Rated 4 out of 5
Read Reviews Q & A

Sugg. Price $600Our Price $399.95

I took it as you wanted to keep cost down. DIY repair does keep costs down & less in land fills.

A lot depends on how much room you have on your counter & if you need clearance overhead.

Our Cuisinart digital lasted for 17 years. The convection part was rarely used. It was no longer available in Canada or we would have bought another. We replaced it with a Breville, without convection and have been happy with it. One of the best parts is how easy it is to remove the crumb tray.

Recently there was an ad for a convection oven that had a standard slice toaster on top. Interesting as toaster ovens aren’t the best for making toast.

I looked in to these online not too long ago and found depending on how one plans to use them doing extensive research is highly recommended. There appears to be a big difference in them and price does not dictate performance and quality. Mine is so old I am tempted to accidently slide it off the counter and accidently smash it with an 8 pound hammer but it keeps on working.

Whats counter space??? We live in a camper...
The new house will have plenty of space
The old one stayed in a storage building and gets used out on the deck...
It was getting used 2-3 times a week...
The convection part was why why got it, and now the wife is hooked on air frying...
Dont mind paying for a good product....

Same here drive till it needs more repair than the cost of new. As for air frying my wife is also hooked on that. What a difference time makes. When 1st. married and in the Navy living on $198. 00 a month to now buying cooking devices that cost double that and happy to be able to.

Back