Looking for cyber friends

Honestly I never thought I'd be doing that. But after finishing my BA in philosophy -not exactly a gateway major to a profession- I did a some vocational testing and everything came back strong on teaching. I student taught at high school level and liked it fine but then I did a semester in middle school and realized that was where I belonged. Just like kids that age more I guess, they're more open and hopeful and willing to try new things.

Honestly I never thought I'd be doing that. But after finishing my BA in philosophy -not exactly a gateway major to a profession- I did a some vocational testing and everything came back strong on teaching. I student taught at high school level and liked it fine but then I did a semester in middle school and realized that was where I belonged. Just like kids that age more I guess, they're more open and hopeful and willing to try things.

Honestly I never thought I'd be doing that. But after finishing my BA in philosophy -not exactly a gateway major to a profession- I did a some vocational testing and everything came back strong on teaching. I student taught at high school level and liked it fine but then I did a semester in middle school and realized that was where I belonged. Just like kids that age more I guess, they're more open and hopeful and willing to try things.
And your middle school students were the lucky recepients of your decision to change. I imagine plenty of them have warm memories of you.

Made it on the third try. :) I was replying in the wrong space. When I erased, I accidently erased some of your message, then tried to retype it from memory. Maybe I shouldn't try to send messages on bad days. :-;

I think we all mess up with formatting sometimes. It isn't too hard to figure out what was intended most times. But to see the whole post you were quoting from all I have to do is click on the up arrow in the orange circle beside the username in what you quoted. So please don't waste any time or attention on such fine detail unless you just love problem solving. (My wife is like that so I know better than to assume everyone will be comfortable with cutting the corners I do.)

But yes I did have some student and their parents who were very expressive in their appreciation. Of course those weren't the ones who most needed my attention but they did give me encouragement to keep trying for the more challenging cases.

I think we all mess up with formatting sometimes. It isn't too hard to figure out what was intended most times. But to see the whole post you were quoting from all I have to do is click on the up arrow in the orange circle beside the username in what you quoted. So please don't waste any time or attention on such fine detail unless you just love problem solving. (My wife is like that so I know better than to assume everyone will be comfortable with cutting the corners I do.)

But yes I did have some student and their parents who were very expressive in their appreciation. Of course those weren't the ones who most needed my attention but they did give me encouragement to keep trying for the more challenging cases.
Thanks Mark. I do get frustrated when I can't solve a problem. And I usually stick with it until I do. It took days for me to learn how to put my picture on the avatar. Don't know if I can do it again, but by gosh, I'll try!

Back