Looking for relocation advice for southern Maine

RugHooker

My name is Barbara and this is my first post/intro to Senior Forums. I enjoy rug hooking and working with fabric and fiber in general. I have been house hunting rather unsuccessfully along coastal Maine with a limited budget. I was hoping to find a place near a friend in Gorham or south. I am a western Massachusetts native and really love New England and would like to live in Maine to walk the beaches in the off-seasons and be active in the many fiber related groups I’ve heard of such as hooking , knitting , embroidery, etc. I would grateful for any information about the community of the Lewiston Auburn area. I look forward to ‘chatting '. Thank you.

Welcome to the forums, Barbara. :) Lewiston/Auburn seems quite a ways from the ocean. Have you considered looking in the Biddeford area?

Since the arrival of Covid-19 it seems that the cost of homes and rentals in northern New England has gone up considerably and inventory is low. Where I live homes in all price ranges are selling for significantly more than they would have a year ago and most don't stay on the market long at all.

Best of luck to you.

Welcome to the forum, Barbara! In the late 70’s I lived in Kittery and it was such a beautiful area... not up on current realty situation but I hope you find he place of your dreams! 😊

Welcome to the forums, Barbara. :) Lewiston/Auburn seems quite a ways from the ocean. Have you considered looking in the Biddeford area?

Since the arrival of Covid-19 it seems that the cost of homes and rentals in northern New England has gone up considerably and inventory is low. Where I live homes in all price ranges are selling for significantly more than they would have a year ago and most don't stay on the market long at all.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you. I have been looking in Biddeford, Saco, Sanford And that whole area. I know the prices seem a little ridiculous for some of these places that are only 860 Square feet, and you’re right,some are
Welcome to the forum, Barbara! In the late 70’s I lived in Kittery and it was such a beautiful area... not up on current realty situation but I hope you find he place of your dreams! 😊
thank you
are on the market sometimes for only a few hours

Back